Easter Grind. Time to work on my life again.

• Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Im 25 and from Denmark. Living in Copenhagen and studying business and math at bachelor level. The plan is to graduate next year so lets hope that works out.

I've played poker more serious since 2010, started out with FLHE and played up to 1/2. Last year I started playing NL and worked my way up to NL50 and took a few shots at NL100. Due to reasons explained bellow I was in a very destructive mindset in January and blew my BR and Im now down to $230 or so.
      Plan is to play NL10 and work my way back to NL25 asap and maybe get a private coaching when BR allows to pay for it.

On dec 19th 2012 my girlfriend and her family was in a car accident, she and her sister past away but their dad survived. I've had a really hard time since that happened, didnt study at all last year and haven't been attending this semester as I should.
      It's going to be hard but I need to improve my life. So far it's been more about making it to the next day without doing something stupid.

Goals for April.
      - Play >100k hands
      - Study for uni 3h a day monday - friday
  • 36 replies
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Really sorry to hear about it. Great to hear that you're recovering and getting back to working on life.

Good luck on your goal. :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Damlqv
      Hey guys. Im 25 and from Denmark. Living in Copenhagen and studying business and math at bachelor level. The plan is to graduate next year so lets hope that works out.

I've played poker more serious since 2010, started out with FLHE and played up to 1/2. Last year I started playing NL and worked my way up to NL50 and took a few shots at NL100. Due to reasons explained bellow I was in a very destructive mindset in January and blew my BR and Im now down to $230 or so.
      Plan is to play NL10 and work my way back to NL25 asap and maybe get a private coaching when BR allows to pay for it.

On dec 19th 2012 my girlfriend and her family was in a car accident, she and her sister past away but their dad survived. I've had a really hard time since that happened, didnt study at all last year and haven't been attending this semester as I should.
      It's going to be hard but I need to improve my life. So far it's been more about making it to the next day without doing something stupid.

Goals for April.
      - Play >100k hands
      - Study for uni 3h a day monday - friday
      kæft det er da mega nederen. :/ føler med dig. (ang din kæreste og familie) Er dog lidt træt af at du skiftede til NL istedet for FL. Men ja.. held og lykke fremover. Det faktum at du ikke har begået selvmord endnu betyder bare du er stærk og fortsæt sådan og du kan få dig oven vande igen.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.
      @ Avataren Vidste ikke du var dansk, men FL var bare ikke helt for mig :)

Today went okay, little too low volume but played pretty well over all.

Failed at studying on the first day :facepalm: but its okay, played for almost 10h yesterday to get gold star. Will start with the studying tm to make sure I get some hours in there.
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.
      @ Avataren Vidste ikke du var dansk, men FL var bare ikke helt for mig :)

Today went okay, little too low volume but played pretty well over all.

Failed at studying on the first day :facepalm: but its okay, played for almost 10h yesterday to get gold star. Will start with the studying tm to make sure I get some hours in there.
      Vidste godt du var dansk eftersom jeg kan og har set "Copenhagen" i FL homegames. :P Men hvorfor var FL ikke dig ? hvis du var oppe på 1/2 så er du bedre end jeg (mentalt i det mindste) :( haha.

Very nice day btw.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      @Avataren Spillede på ongame hvor de ikke var så gode :P kunne godt li FL, men der manglede lidt noget spænding i det. Der var lidt for meget ren teori for mig, kan bedre få en føling af spillet når man kan vurdere betsize.

Wasnt too motivated to play today but still got in some decent volume and great results. made one huge mistake 160bb deep, pretty costly and annoyed me I couldnt fold my aces. Other than that I think I played pretty well.
      Will not post graphs every day but keep that to a weekly update.

Not really sure if anyone will follow this, but its also meant more as a place for me to write down some stuff to keep track and unload a bit.
      I still feel the pain every day almost all waking hours. Its far from what it used to be but its still there. Sometimes when I focus a lot on something I dont feel it at all, but I cant maintain that level of focus very long, its just too exhausting to push everything away.
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      I am following and I wish you good luck! :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Yesterday was quite bad. I couldnt really focus on anything all day. played a decent volume but ran bad and started spewing too much.
      Today was a lot better. Went to an info meeting about the MFin master degree on MIT. Pretty interesting and I consider to apply for 2015.
      Felt really motivated when I came home and put in extra volume, ran good and played decent. still made some pretty costly mistakes and I really want to stop that. usely I play too passive and turn into a station if I dont focus and think it all through.

One hand I played I think folding is the best choise but not really sure.
      Im MP with AKo and open to 3bb. BB 3bet to 61bb and we're playing 228bb deep effective. No read on villan he 3bet once on 22 hands.
      Just fold or is shoving a fine choise too?
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Subbed :)

glgl,
      Fran
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to hear about everything that happened :(

That said, I'm glad to see you're on the way back. And it seems to be showing in the results!

Regarding the hand, it's a pretty nasty spot. You don't really want to call and play with one pot sized bet or less left. So imo it's a shove or fold spot. In game I'd probably just jam because it seems like such a weak play by villain, but it could probably be fine to just avoid the variance and fold, not sure.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Thanks Tino.

Graph for the first week

Would like to have played 20% more but guess I just have to make up for that this week :)
      Overall I think I played pretty decent, only one day I felt like I played pretty poorly.

Studying didnt go as planned at all, but im gathering material to study and still have classes so no big deal as long as I show up.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice work and lovely graph sir,

Keep it up :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      couple of days since last update. I've not been playing my best the last couple of days, but decent at least. Been running quite bad but hopefully it will turn araound some time soon :)
      Im a little behind with volume but only a few k hands, had a could for the last couple of days so decided to slow down a bit.

At last I started studying for my first exam. Its on may 15th in differential equations. Kinda tough one but im not too worried. The statistics exam in end of may is the hard one and I dont really enjoy studying for that.

Im gonna play the sunday storm 3rd anniversary so sunday wont be a lot of cash hands (hopefully :D ) I hope to get a free ticket from the mission week but will buy in if I dont.

Regarding my life situation I've been feeling a bit better since end of last week, so thats great. I think it helps that im active and doing some stuff and not just watching tv for hours each day doing nothing. Just have to be a bit careful not to push my self too hard and have a fall back.
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      No free tricket for sunday storm so bought in my self. just busted for a min cash with 88 vs TT. Probably not the best idea to shove on him for 16bb but guess I'll know for next time I play MTTs. Bought in 5 turnaments and only cashed in the sunday storm so lost a little bit but had a couple of good sessions in cash games before so decent day overall.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice try with MTT's I also like trying them from time to time, you never know when bink can come :)

Keep up the good work in cash games; waiting for more nice graphs :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Had a decent day at the tables today. Graph for the month so far

will have to increase volume here in the holliday, have one class tomorrow as the only one this week so shouldnt be a problem.

My girlfriend was mexican and last year I went to mexico and south america for 2½ months traveling. One of the reasons was obviously to go and visit her father and some of her friends. I studied in mexico a semester and have some good friends there too so ofc also to see them. Another reason was to get away, I couldnt stand being home in denmark.

My girlfriend died on the day I was supposed to fly back home, the only reason I could be there for the funeral was because of a mistake with my visa. They rejected me in the airport and when I came back to my appartment I got the news.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Niice graph :)

Looks like you know what are you doing, with all these lines refusing to go downwards :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Thanks Frankie :) I used to play NL 50 so quite confident at NL10. Not sure if I was slight looser at NL50 but felt like I had an edge there when I played well, its just not every session that the A game comes up.
      My mental game is still quite shaky, feel like I loose a lot of money I shouldnt so will have to work on my decipline.
      Bronze
      Thanks Frankie :) I used to play NL 50 so quite confident at NL10. Not sure if I was slight looser at NL50 but felt like I had an edge there when I played well, its just not every session that the A game comes up.
      My mental game is still quite shaky, feel like I loose a lot of money I shouldnt so will have to work on my decipline.
      har du snakket med psykologer omkring det med din kæreste osv ? Eller det regner jeg da med men du er jo stadig meget påvirket af det.

hvis du har lyst til at snakke poker og andet godt fra verden så kan du få min skype
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Avataren,

As this is English community, could you keep discussions in English so we all understand :)

Hope you understand,

Thanks,
      Fran