When to stand up

• 5 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Theoretically, there is no reason why you should get up at all. A big stack offers many opportunities to make even more money, if you know how to play it right.

You do, however, need some knowledge about deepstacked play (which begins once both you and your opponent have 150BB) in order to pull it off. If you have problems with that, it might be better to stand up at that point, because you could lose a lot of money at this stage.

So in the end, it all depends on whether or not you're confident with your deepstacked game. If you are, don't stand up until you want to end the session. If you aren't, get up when you have somewhere between 150-200BB (which is what I'm doing).
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Thank you for the advice, based on my experience I think you're right about deep stack play. I will take your advice about standing up, and maybe take a bit of time to work on my deep stack play

Thanks again
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      You stand up when you really need the lavatory, obviously .... Either that or you will be buying a new sofa each week.
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Glopslart
      You stand up when you really need the lavatory, obviously .... Either that or you will be buying a new sofa each week.
      Didn't you know they have phone/tablet apps now?? :P
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

If you're playing well, keep playing.