Lesson 1 Homeworke

• Itamarlazar
      Hello, My name is Itamar and I play live poker for 5 years and online poker for 2.

Very profitable live player and a poor one online for now.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

1) Poker is an arena of people. a "thinking people" arena. Some think they know what their doing and some actually thinking.

The point is - Poker arena is a Microcosm of the world as i see it. If i Cracked someone in the poker arena = absolute victory. It is a place where there are direct results to the right expectayion and And vice versa.
      Unlike the real life, where there is less certainty about right and wrong moves and a lot more Contingency, in poker it is easier to distinguish between right and wrong.

So I guess my Poker motivation is to be profitable cause it proves I am doing right moves through time and that means I'm good.

If it's Careful, disciplined, thinking, patient u name it - I'm better then most and it means I'm good.

2) Profitable poker = The ability to live worldwide = complete freedom. No Dependency in Workplace, boss, language, geography, nationality, etc. FREEEEEEEDOM.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

1) I'm not committed.
      2) Not spending enough time.
      3) Hard for me to lay down a good hand on the turn and the river even though I know I'm bitten.
      4) I let the stakes change my game.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

1) Play selective starting hand.
      2) Always drive the move.
      3) Keep my chips (Or maybe not spending my chips easily).
      4) Know when to let go.
      5) Almost never bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • Betwin90
      Hey Itamar,

I like the dream, freedom of work sounds amazing!

I seem to have very similar weaknesses, I could tick all 4. Hopefully learning to play better here on pokerstrategy will help both of us.

Good luck with your training on PS!