This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ABB*ss in UTG and on very fishy tables

• IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      I have a question about ABB*ss hands. Should i fold any of them on tables with 4 ~50VPIP fish or can i play almost all of them on such loose fishy tables even UTG?

My other question is reagarding the different hand strength of various types. AJT*ss > AKQ*ss does this also count if i have AJT7ss or AKQ5ss? I guess my questions comes down to the fakt if the broadway cards are the main difference in strength and when the dangler is a 2-5 it just gives a little bit extra value but doesnt lead to a significant change in how to rate the different values of the broadway structure. :f_confused:
  • 5 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

how can AJTss be better than AKQss? In general i always open ABB*ss from every position on the table; see no reason to fold them. The more players in the better, we have better implieds with our nut draws.

Regards,

Skod
    • IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      because AJT*ss can make more straight draws than AKQ*ss so it has more playability and therefor should be stronger :)

Im still learning so i try to play tight preflop, would u still recomend to open any ABB*ss?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Yes, but AKQ flops stronger 2 pairs than AJT which is what you are going to flop more often that a straight ;) .

I prefer AKQ than AJT for that reason. With AKQ* when you flop top 2 it stays top 2 :)

Yeah an ABB* suited to the ace are good to open from UTG imo.

Regards,

Skod
    • IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      Ok :) I was thinking the same until i was watching the video series of lechrumski (and still working through it). He was dividing them saying that AJT was the strongest. So i guess overall there is not much difference and it comes done to personal preferances and playstyle.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

definetly don't belive everything you see. Obviously Omaha is a game where different approaches can work. Sure JTxx can make more straight draws, but imo that's not a good enough reason for the hand to be stronger than 2 cards that are higher ranked.

Anyways, you should open all ABB*ss imo :)

Regards,

Skod