ABB*ss in UTG and on very fishy tables

• IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      I have a question about ABB*ss hands. Should i fold any of them on tables with 4 ~50VPIP fish or can i play almost all of them on such loose fishy tables even UTG?

My other question is reagarding the different hand strength of various types. AJT*ss > AKQ*ss does this also count if i have AJT7ss or AKQ5ss? I guess my questions comes down to the fakt if the broadway cards are the main difference in strength and when the dangler is a 2-5 it just gives a little bit extra value but doesnt lead to a significant change in how to rate the different values of the broadway structure. :f_confused:
  • 5 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

how can AJTss be better than AKQss? In general i always open ABB*ss from every position on the table; see no reason to fold them. The more players in the better, we have better implieds with our nut draws.

Regards,

Skod
    • IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      because AJT*ss can make more straight draws than AKQ*ss so it has more playability and therefor should be stronger :)

Im still learning so i try to play tight preflop, would u still recomend to open any ABB*ss?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Yes, but AKQ flops stronger 2 pairs than AJT which is what you are going to flop more often that a straight ;) .

I prefer AKQ than AJT for that reason. With AKQ* when you flop top 2 it stays top 2 :)

Yeah an ABB* suited to the ace are good to open from UTG imo.

Regards,

Skod
    • IamInSAnE
      IamInSAnE
      Bronze
      Ok :) I was thinking the same until i was watching the video series of lechrumski (and still working through it). He was dividing them saying that AJT was the strongest. So i guess overall there is not much difference and it comes done to personal preferances and playstyle.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

definetly don't belive everything you see. Obviously Omaha is a game where different approaches can work. Sure JTxx can make more straight draws, but imo that's not a good enough reason for the hand to be stronger than 2 cards that are higher ranked.

Anyways, you should open all ABB*ss imo :)

Regards,

Skod