It passed a 1 year...

• Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      ...since I signed here and received $50 at Full Tilt. I
      improved my game, won some sweet money and withdrew it all to deposit to PStars (I already had an account there since April 2007, that's why my StrategyPoints are so low counted and PStars is better for me than FTP).
      I had some private problems and I some shitty job with no salary for 3 months so I had to cash out every cent of my bankroll to have something to eat.
      It was approx. $4,500 (not a bad run for 3 months after I get $50 from you guys, huh).
      Then I decided to learn better poker game, to improve myself as much as I can.

I quit my job (that was risky I know) in Feb. 2008, was out of poker until the March 2008., then I get my ex job salary and I made a deposit of $1000 to Stars. Don't know the exact reason but my game was horrible. I lost pretty much everything with $70 left. I was depressed, mad, pissed... But I sad to myself: "I swear I won't deposit again, NEVER!"
      I took a 1 week rest, I came back here to watch every strategy article and I began to play exactly at April 1st, lol.

After that whole month I had +$50 only, huh. Soon after I found the reason of my bad game. I felt secure because I knew I'm gonna get another 2 payments from my ex job and I thought "Ahh, I have a time with poker roll, I'll have my money to eat."
      But, hey, there was a problem. I get those 2 payments at the same day and I get something more: Some financial debt that was made by my mother a years ago and I had to pay. I did that but, again, I had no money.
      I really hate to work and I have no extra school to find some good payed job so I decided to play as a pro with maybe $120 bankroll, lol.
      I remember my first week... 16h of playing every day. But that week I began at NL10 and I finished it at NL50 with +$1700 profit.

Another week, Monday, 11.00 a.m., I sat down to play again. I won some more dollars, enough to pass over $2000 profit.
      I quit with playing until the Friday. In that free time between I decided to play with 40 buy ins strategy just to be secure I'll never go broke. So NL50 was my starting point. Also I decided, now clear minded and 100% optimistic, that I'll be a poker pro.

The day after I began with 12 tabling NL50. After each day I reviewed some of my big hands (big wins and big loses) just to see am I doing something wrong if I lost or if I'm doing everything fine to take as much money I can in that hands I won.

Now, 6 months after, I'm multitabling 6 tables of 2/4 and 3/6 and I'm playing 6h a day (2x3h). I'm making more money (7BB/100 after 725,055 hands) that I could imagine and my decision to turn pro was good. After all, the average monthly salary in my country is $872 and I worked before for $450/month.

It's funny to see how you can improve if you have a big passion and big will.

So this is one big THANKS to PokerStrategy for making me a +EV winning player, for your $50+100 and for your great articles.

:)
  • 13 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Wow, very nice. And here I am struggling with sick variance on nl25 sss... lol :)

Do you play SH or FR?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Thanks! :)
      I began with FR but then I moved to SH because I have a much more control at the table and I can play much more by position than in FR where almost every time I have a position and a good hand some donk will call my raise no matter how big and often turn his trash into nuts... And at SH I can play more hands :)
      Variance? Don't worry... After BIG number of hands it will all come to 0. Upswings and downswings. And all it left is your +EV or -EV game so really, don't bother. Just play your best game and don't mind about money at your cashier. Look at your hands and did you played 'em correctly :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      One of the best reads Ive seen on my time here on Pokerstars.

A great story, and a great motivation for the lot of struggling players.

Congratulations!

ps: 7BB/100 over 725.000'ish hands is how much'ish?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Very nice story!

It's so encouraging to read successful stories like this one - keep going and good luck in future (even it's not about luck anymore :) ).

btw: Where are you from? (if I can ask...)
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Very nice story! Keep it real!
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Vargan >> 7BB but that's PTBB so it's 3.5 "real" BB. But still enough to nice living here.

opal99 >> Eastern Europe, Croatia

Thank you all :club:
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      whats your BR at if you don't mind me asking
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      $25,193.29 at my poker cashier.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Zheelvern - great to hear your success story - and that we had such an impact.

Its too bad you aren't involved more in the blog our hand discussion section. Our other players would surely enjoy more high limit sample hand discussion (and those are probably one of the keys to remaining a successful player).

Best of luck in your future development!

Regards,
      SoyCD
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Vargan >> 7BB but that's PTBB so it's 3.5 "real" BB. But still enough to nice living here.

Oh the successful nation. We Croatian people are really something you guys, so better watch out. ;)

Čestitam zemljak. :D
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      E hvala, hvala :)
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      ajde daj neki MSN ili skype, baš me zanimaju neke stvari ako nije problem :rolleyes:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zheelvern

Isn't a PTBB worth 2x a BB? So 7PTBB should be 14BB isn't it?

A very nice read indeed. Very motivating for all of us down here on the micro limits =)

Congratulations on your success! \o/

Cheers