Easter Grind - IvicaIliev77 playing HU hypers

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Another challenge - another opportunity to improve and shine :f_cool:

:spade: I will be playing until end of April 5000 HU Hypers!

:heart: Limits I will be playing are 7s and 15s - in future going for 30s!

:diamond: ROI - don't really care as I am beginner in this format, looking to get as much knowledge and experience as possible!

:club: My plan will be to grind 25 days this month 200 games per day, 2 tabling!

Good luck me and lets do this!
  • 64 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      If it wasn't you, I'd warn about playing too many games a day without proper knowledge... but I've seen in the blog that you've taken several hours of HU coaching, so, with your prior STT experience, I don't doubt you're gonna crush it! Gogogo!

The approach of 2-tabling from the start is, hmm, interesting. Beginners are usually advised to start by 1-tabling and make moving up and learning a priority over adding tables. But that's up to you.

It's gonna be a sick battle between you and Ghaleon :f_cool: I've already given up, as the maximum number of STTs I'll play this month is 3000-3500, and I'll end up exhausted if I pull even this off.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      gogogogog and frequent updates please :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      If it wasn't you, I'd warn about playing too many games a day without proper knowledge... but I've seen in the blog that you've taken several hours of HU coaching, so, with your prior STT experience, I don't doubt you're gonna crush it! Gogogo!

The approach of 2-tabling from the start is, hmm, interesting. Beginners are usually advised to start by 1-tabling and make moving up and learning a priority over adding tables. But that's up to you.

It's gonna be a sick battle between you and Ghaleon :f_cool: I've already given up, as the maximum number of STTs I'll play this month is 3000-3500, and I'll end up exhausted if I pull even this off.
      Thanks my friend, you really know how to put my mind into thinking mode :)

During my previous coaching/staking deal, within year and a half I spent smallest amount of time working on the HU. HU is in my opinion one of the most important aspects in SNGs simply because it directly influences your ROI. Having same number of 1st and 2nd places (like I had while chasing SN last year) or having 3% difference or more between them makes a huge difference in ROI (actually 3-4% difference minimum).

A lot of things I did on my own studying in December HU from videos and doing the homeworks are very related to what I am doing now - simply because I studied from HU hypers guys :)

I took the coaching and staking because I want for 30 days just to do HU, to review my game plan, fix all the leaks I have/had, improve my ranges and work on more post flop lines (bet sizing, barreling and calling frequencies etc).
      The coach I have is awesome, he spent 3 and a half hours yesterday with me and already gave me in my opinion moneys worth for coaching and staking.

My expectations from this challenge are
      - Improve my overall game plan
      - Know exactly at any given moment by memory which hands for what blind depth vs what opponent type to r/call, r/fold, limp/call limp/fold, limp/3 bet, open shove, open fold, flat, 3 bet shove, 3 bet nai, iso limper
      - Know exactly on what types of flops vs what type of opponent to do what kind of bet sizing and proceed with double/triple barells
      - Same goes for calling

A lot of the things I mentioned I am very familiar cause lets face it I am not total fish in HU :) In fact I am one of the rare guys on 15s 6 max that 17 tables and has 3% difference between 1st and 2nd places.
      I am however 100% positive that I have space for improvement and this is what this challenge is all about - I am looking to improve and this is the best way to do it - isolate the thing I want to work on it and work hard on it!

2 tabling is OK for me TBH, I might in future do 3 who knows :)

I am not in it to compete with Ghaleon or anybody really, but finishing this challenge and beating 7s and 15s after super small sample of 5k games - it would make me feel very accomplished.

In future I will consider extending my deal with current coach and going for 30s because that's where the hourly matches my current ability on 15s 6 max (its a bit more of course).

Lets do this , about to start with the grind , already studied last night and reviewed things today when I arrived in the office!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      gogogogog and frequent updates please :)
      Absolutely , once a day or once every 2-3 days is a must.
      Graphs + some hands maybe for brag :D
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      This is graph from my day yesterday
      Had 7 hours total coaching (4 coaching others + 3 getting coaching for HU hypers)

49 games 11.8% ROI on 7s

Will post graph for another 200 games today once I finish grinding them!
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Great start! Keep it up!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Great start! Keep it up!
      Thanks Fran!

62 games so far today with lots of activities.

2 hours of coaching my students
      30 minutes playing 7s and recording video for my HU coach
      1 hour spent reviewing video with the coach

***Got the permission to move exclusively to 15s !***

Super psyched and happy about it, coach was very pleased how I managed within 24 hours to implement all the stuff we talked about (game plan). There were also a lot of excellent post flop plays, very little leaks in latest video so he said I am ready to go for 15s!

So today overall 20 games on 7s (made some money there) and 42 games on 15s so far

Avg ROI is 20% so far...

Very pleased with how I am playing and so far I didn't see much playing back on 15s.
      I am already confident I can beat that limit even with this LOL sample. Game plan is where its all at :)

Will stay in the poker office until I hit 200 games so I gues another 3+ hours more of grinding.

Expect a graph at the end of the night!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      As promised, here are the graphs

Since 3rd of April, this is the graph for 7s hypers

Today 200 games on 15s and will continue playing 15s

Finally notice how PT4 shows different winning/roi vs sharkscope !
      The weird thing is that both of them show 200 games but different results.
      Any opinions on it?

PT4 3.81% ROI
      Sharkscope 4.8% ROI

:)

Good night all and tomorrow another 200 games waiting ;)
    • CekamBoju
      CekamBoju
      Bronze
      PT4 can sometimes fuck up the prizes of the tournaments so it ends up showing a wrong amount. Definitely Sharkscope is more reliable in that area. Just go and check in tournament listings, winning amount for each individual tournament has to be identical, if you see different amounts it's a PT4 fuckup.

Also in terms of look of graph they will never be identical, since PT4 registers a game when you play the first hand and that's how it sets the order on graph. Sharkscope registers games when finished. So for example you open 2 tables, and the one you opened later you bust first hand, it will show up first in Sharkscope, but it will still be second in PT4
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      1 tournament out of 200 wasn't registered as complete
      Will fix that tomorrow , good to know about these problems.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Niceeee graphs! The crusher :) gogog
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Niceeee graphs! The crusher :) gogog
      Thanks Fran :)

I was told to expect 3 to 4% ROI on 15s
      It seems like I am already there :)

Look forward to future sessions with focus on post flop !
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      15s seem nice yeah, they worked for me too very well, even self-educated :)

Hope to see you taking shots at 30's soon :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      15s seem nice yeah, they worked for me too very well, even self-educated :)

Hope to see you taking shots at 30's soon :)
      Yeah they are not that hard and are very close to the 6 max sngs hu which is why I didn't have hard time adjusting.

I am sure I can correct more leaks. Especially look forward discussing with coach OOP plays and ranges (floating, c/raising, donking)

When time comes for 30s I will go there. If it happens in next 25 days , great, if not it doesn't matter. This whole month is not about money for me at all, I just want to get the best out of this coaching/staking deal.

Hopefully coach will give green light for 30s before the end of the month - we shall see :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Done for the day, 201 games , total 401 on 15s

Couple of things worth mentioning about today's play

- I didn't always play my strong B game
      - Made some mistakes post flop
      - Tons of setups today
      - Tried 3 tabling (works so far , will continue that way)
      - Marked tons of hands for review on Monday (and to use in session with coach)

Overall satisfied, played OK not spectacular today. Still figuring out best plays and optimal ones. Also starting to gather sample so trying to exploit opponents as much as possible using stats :)

Here is the graph for 15s, 401 games so far, running below EV 25$

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      The hyper-active graph :D that's fun! Crush crush crush :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      To avoid confusion with the hyperactive MTT format at Stars, I'd say the graph is hypersexy =) Let the fun go on!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      :megusta:

I have nothing else to say :f_biggrin:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      :megusta:

I have nothing else to say :f_biggrin:
      lol
      Wait for tonight, I plan to do 200 games again - yesterday was day off (what, Pedja has a day off, impossible :D