Bankroll Building and bonus hunting

• toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      I am new to this site and this is my first every poker blog :-)

I have played quite a bit in the past, but after the issues with Full Tilt and moving to a different location I took a few years break from playing.

Now I am back and starting with a very modest bank roll of just £50.
      Being a small amount I am starting on Micro stakes and making sure I capitalize on all the various different ways of building my bankroll, including points races, rake back and my sign up bonus.

Being that I started a week ago, here is my progress so far.

Starting bankroll: £50
      -------------------------------
      Cash Full Ring (9 players): $0.02/$0.04

Current bankroll £76

£10 came from, 1 bonus release, poker points and also finish in top 10 of points race (10 Euros).

£16 Profit from playing.

My first target is to get over £100 :-)
  • 27 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey toxicchili,

Welcome to the blogs :)

Nice start. If we could increase our bankroll by 50% every week, we would be at the nosebleeds by the end of the year. :P

GL with grinding that roll.

Cheers

Laz
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Thanks Laz :-)

Yeah if only I could make 50% every week, I would be retiring soon :-)

4/4/2014.

Pretty uneventful evening of poker, played around 500 hands and ended the night down by about £2.

Close to releasing the next bonus and doing well in this weeks points race.

So hopefully will have a solid weekends play.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi toxic,

Welcome to blogs :)

I'm in for the journey.

goggogo :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hey Welcome to the blog section :)

I work with toxicchili

btw what do you plan on concentrating on Cash games or SNGs?
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Hi Thazar,

At the moment cash games, as I seem to be doing okay at the moment and the extra I can earn from the points races and the outstanding bonus are a nice little incentive and give me enough of an edge to be profitable :-)

I use to almost exclusively play SnG's and do quite nicely out of them, so when my bankroll is bigger I might start playing them again.
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Yesterday started off pretty much as the previous day ended losing a little and pretty slow, but things picked up nicely and also released the next bonus of $5 (£3).

So as of the end of play yesterday my current bankroll was £92.

Hopefully I can keep grinding away and keep my position in the points race and earn a little extra.
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Sunday was a bit up and down, got my bankroll up to about £93 but finished the day down £4 at £88.

Managed to grind quite a few points though and finished in the top 10 of the point race, so hopefully the prize from that and the weekly points cash thing will push my bankroll over the £100 mark :-)

Will post some charts of my progress when I get round to subscribing to poker tracker.
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Quick Update:
      Just got earnings from weekly points race and points cash in, which was £13.00

------------------------------
      Starting bankroll: £50
      Cash Full Ring (9 players): $0.02/$0.04

Current bankroll £101.

My next target is £200
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey toxicchili,

Nice one. :) Grinding up nicely.

Keep it going

Laz
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze

The bonuses + points races make a big difference though, I keep a regular check on the various dates when things start and make sure I always opt in.

'All in' split pots were the biggest frustration of the weekend though.

Had K10s and I am on the Button, 3 players limped in, player before me does a min raise, so I call.

Flop K K 10.

3 players check and person before me puts in a pot sized raise, so I reraise, everyone folds, except him, who raises again and I push all-in.

He turns over K10.

I had put 102BB into the pot and after the pot was split we both ended up worse off because of the rake. Happened three times yesterday on hands I would have hoped to have doubled up on.
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Started off as a bad evening of poker, losing my buy-in 4.5 times and all to pretty big hands on the river.

To be honest, I was at the point of just calling it a day, but was also playing a freeroll MTT. which I finished just inside the money for a £10 payout.

I released my next bonus of £3 as well and left the final cash table in the early hours with 500BB, erasing all my previous losses and making 50bb profit for the night :-)

So my bankroll now stands at just over £115.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      nice one, slowly but surely :P
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Thanks Thazar :-)

Slowly seems to be the only way with the microstakes :-)

Here is a chart of my progress, it doesn't include my £10 MTT win or any of the points race prizes and bonus releases which have made up a chunk of my profit so far. Also some of my XML files got corrupted too, so unfortunately missing a few positive sessions.

• toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Tough session last night, played a lot of hands and ended up down £6.

Starting with pocket kings, hitting trips, only to find that the person calling had 10-3 offsuit and hits a king high straight on the river.

So finished the night and called it quits with my current bankroll standing at £109.

On a positive note though, I managed to get a decent amount of points and currently ranking well in this weeks points race :-)
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Down by £3 yesterday night. Had a few decent hands and won a few nice pots, but never really got going. Struggled to find a decent full table at my current limit and often people didn't stay long so found myself short-handed most of the time.

I made a few bad calls on the river too, which really didn't help. So too be honest I was lucky to finish just £3 down.

Current Bankroll is £106.
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Oh and a quick rant.
      I had 100BB
      Villian has 50BB
      So I have AK, on the button and I put in a decent sized raise. Called by BB.

Flop A33, BB bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn K

He bets, I raise (we are both all in).

River 7

He shows 32 offsuit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hands later get AK again.

Decent sized bet again, same person calls.

Flop
      K 7 3

Turn
      K (Both all in again at this point)

River

He shows K7 this time.

------------------------------------------

Yeah it happens, but then to rub it in he makes a comment about how silly my calls were and basically how bad a player I am.

Sorry, but 32 and K7???

Rant over....
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Last few days have been a real struggle and extremely frustrating.

So many hands where I have a massive advantage at the turn, only for them to hit on the river and win a massive pot.

For example 10-7 hearts - against my 99

Flop 5 7 9h

He bets, I raise, he goes all in, I call.

Turn 3h

River 2h

He wins with the flush.

I started today up slightly from yesterday, but losing two big hands on the river has knocked me back down again.

So my current bankroll stands at £98
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Not made much progress. earned some more money through points races, but pretty much playing break even poker at the moment, up+down about $10.

Current bankroll: £112
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Personally, given how you seem to be getting crushed, you're doing very well indeed!
      Thazar is always right by the way; slowly slowly catch ye monkey, as the old saying goes. :)

I think you'll do well so will be keeping a watch here.

Best regards and please, try to run a little better on the turn will you?! :tongue:

Mal.