This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

icm trainer installation issue

• altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      hello there,

this might sound silly, but i'm stuck with the installation of the icm trainer. i click on the setup it starts extracting file and then it gives me this message

so if i hit no, the installation stops, if i hit yes it takes me to the .net framework page where i can download the latest version (wich is 4.0). the thing is that i allready have .net framework 4.0 installed. so i won't download and install it again.

so i have no ideea what now. does this program really need .netframework 2.0 only? it can't work with 4.0? really?

how could i install it skiping the .net framework step?
      pls help

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      well, in the end i just installed 2.0 version as well, although it didn't seam to logical to me but i did it anyway, and it was the only way it worked. so with the 4.0 version allready installed i also installed .net framework 2.0 in order to be able to istall icm trainer.

thanks guys :p
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Surprisingly, newer .NET framework versions do not replace earlier ones, they exist separately.

So v4.0 contains things that aren't in 2.0 -- and possibly vice-versa.

If you're interested there is a whole whack -- perhaps even a whack and a half -- of information here:
      http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

I've used the tool he describes at work to fix broken .Net installations, and I used it once to verify that my home .Net framework was working correctly when one of the poker sites was insisting I re-install it.

Enjoy...
      --VS
    • altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      thanks, i assumed 4.0 would be better than 2.0 and the new version will somehow include the old one