Community cards!

• Idle7
      Idle7
      Bronze
      Hello!

I have a pretty wierd question about upcoming cards.
      Lets say i have KJ and i fold it preflop, 2 players continue and the flop comes: A Q 10. Now if i would have called, would the flop still be the same or different due to the timing delay?
  • 7 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I am not entirely sure. If you had taken the same time to call that you did to fold the cards will be same anyway otherwise I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that they keep shuffling after first card has been dealt.

On the other hand once you folded it shouldn't matter. :D

The cards that come do not make your decision any better or worse.

is you have 72o for example you should normally fold UTG . If the flop comes 777 well be it. It won't happen often enough to make you money in the long run to justify playing it.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Idle7,

Except at Full Tilt. They use a continuous shuffle so technically you can manipulate the draw of the next card. Good luck trying to time when your card is near the top of the deck lol.

Regards

Laz
    • Idle7
      Idle7
      Bronze
      So in Pokerstars they keep shuffling the deck as long as they need to come on the board?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I beleive on PokerStars they shuffle until the deck is dealt to the player then it is set. But simply because I havent seen anything mentioned otherwise
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Idle7,

As thazar has stated, PokerStars use a preset deck. Once the deal starts, the card order doesn't change

Regards

Laz
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Idle7,

Except at Full Tilt. They use a continuous shuffle so technically you can manipulate the draw of the next card. Good luck trying to time when your card is near the top of the deck lol.

Regards

Laz
      yeah right? it's disturbing to think that you could have avoided that suckout by clicking the button a few frames later :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      ^:D are you guys sure it works that way? I didn't want to know this :facepalm: