[NL2-NL10] NL25 K8s (Freeplay)

• veriz
      How would you have played the hand here?

Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:spade: , K:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1,00) 9:spade: , J:spade: , T:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,50, MP1 folds, CO calls $0,50, SB folds.

Turn: ($2,00) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

River: ($2,50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Final Pot: $3,00
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      Stats and samples are too small so I would stick to basics and treat my monster (12+ outs) as a made hand. It seems as though you played the hand like BSS, pot control, SD value etc...
      In this hand I am betting PS on the flop and push turn. If I did check the turn I would c/r all-in.
      I look at monster draws like this: Each two hands I play one wins, and one blanks. So if I always push-all my tokens in the middle on the turn I get maximum value when they do hit, and good FE when they blank. If I wait until I make my monster I become a calling station, I get minimal gains when I hit as I am relying on my opponent also hitting, and the only positive gain is less variance. I can live with variance, you?
      In SSS you need less streets to go all-in, and your losses on missed draws are already minimized with a small stack and no needing to bluff at blanked rivers.
      Hope this helps, see what the judges say
    • Gerv
      Hi Veriz
      Bet Flop Pot to $1

Turn the pot should be like $3 and shove accordingly because you have to play it as it was a made hand.

You got a FD, bottom Straight + Overcard but you should discount some. letting him bet is absolutely inappropriate!
    • kukkiwonBG
      What Gerv say... X2

Flop - bigger bet for protection(not that you need protection from FD, but the other people don't know that and your bet is strange) and for building the pot.
      You don't want to play you "monster" for no money. And if you get the pot without showdown is not so bad :)

Turn is not the best one but chech/call is very weak

River as played is fine, because the turn play

Best regards,
    • IngolPoker
      #3 gerv