Before you can shine, you're gonna have to burn

• bolekndm
      Hello everyone, welcome to my poker blog.

About me

I'm from Poland and being more specific Warsaw. I'm 24 years old engineer and curently i'm doing a master degree, living in student house. What can i write more? I'm football fan, especially Legia Warsaw and ocasionally like to watch some MMA fighting. About 2 weeks ago i came back into trainging circle at gym afetr a 9 months break. Well i guess thats all (i never liked speakingor writing about myself), probably in future posts there will be more about me.

My poker history

My poker history isn't special. I got 50$ from PS about 2011 and started to learning some strategy and playing poker. In about 7-8 months i got from NL2 to NL25 FR and.... stopped playing :facepalm: . I came back to plaing in october last year. I started in NL5 and in december i was at NL25 again on ring games. But becouse i had very important exam to pass and later i had to write an Engineering Thesis and pass the final exam to get a engineer degree i didn't had much time to play poker. After i did it, i tried to play i i guess i dodn't have motivation to do it. I play like 2-3 hours per week, didn't learning anythin, eventually cashed out almost all of my bankroll. But becouse i started to fell that something is missing in my life i decided to start over. This time i want to do semething new, so i chose to start on NL2 SH ZOOM and start this blog :) .

What this blog gonna be about and why in english?

I want this blog to be an motivator and some kind of journal on my new poker adventure. I will write about my poker progress, about my successes and disapointes and also about staff what happens in my life. I decided to write blog in english, becouse of two reasons. Firstly i want to work on my language skills. Some years ago i passed FCE exam, but i almost had no contact with enlish (only sometimes i watch some TV series in eng), so i think thath writing blog in other language is good idea. Secendly becouse i want to do something new i check how is it gonna work.

:spade: play 10k hands per week
      :spade: spend half of playing time on learning poker

:spade: become good poker player
      :spade: eventually make some solid money on poker
      :spade: train at gym 3 times a week + 2 days of other physical activity (football jogging etc.)
      :spade: keep my diet and make abs to holidays :s_cool:
      :spade: pass every subject at school and don't leave anything on september

Ok, i think that's all. Thank everyone who read this :) and sorry if my english isn't very beautiful but from almost 2-3 years i didn't had much contact with this language. To the next update :) .
  • 6 replies
      Hi bolekndm,

Welcome to the blogs,

Very nice introduction and nice goals sir, looking forward to read more from you,

Keep us updated :)

Best of luck,
    • bolekndm

Thanks for welcome :)

Ok, so i'm after my first session on SH ZOOM and i think that i have a lot of work to do. Played 3h on two tables and in the first two i felt that my game is ok, but in 3rd hour i felt that i'm playing a little. I guess i have to do a longer breaks and try not to get distracted. About my game i think that i'm playing too tight and i have to work on that, but after break and starting a new kind of game i didn't wanted to go 'crazy'. At next sessions i will try to play little more loose.

Now I have to do a session review search for some mistakes and keep playing. Soon next update :) .
    • bolekndm
      I'ma little tired couse since yesterday session i played nex next 3k hands last night and todays morning. Luckily it turned out that i don't have to go to school today, so i had a lot of time to play :) . I startd to play more loose and my results are a lot better. Here is my draw which include yesterday's session its my all games after starting the blog.

I think today i won't be playing anymore. Tomorrow i've got some test at school so i've to do some study, plus i've go to the gym, so unfortunately i won't have much time to play.
      Nice results so far, gogogo :)
    • bolekndm

I 'completed' NL2 :) !

I achieved 25BI on NL5 and i think that is enough to shot that limit. When i started this blog i planned to have more conservative BRM like 40-50BI for limit. But i reconsidered this and acknowlege that it doesn't have much sense on micro. Better option is to shot limits faster to gain more experience and to learn more about poker. Staying for a long time on such low limits can only slower that process. If i will be able to play at much higher limits when you can play for more serious money then more conservative BRM will be a good thing, but for now i think it sensless.

Some interesting hands from today

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 105.5 BB
      SB: 76.5 BB (VPIP: 26.32, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
      BB: 154.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
      Hero (UTG): 258 BB
      MP: 179.5 BB (VPIP: 18.37, PFR: 16.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 50)
      CO: 102 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: K:heart:

Hero raises to 3.5 BB, fold, CO calls 3.5 BB, BTN calls 3.5 BB, SB calls 3 BB, BB calls 2.5 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 5 players) Q:heart: 4:heart: 3:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, fold, BTN calls 8 BB, SB calls 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB

Turn: (49.5 BB, 4 players) J:diamond:
      SB checks, BB bets 15.5 BB, Hero raises to 55 BB, BTN calls 55 BB, SB raises to 65 BB and is all-in, BB calls 49.5 BB, Hero calls 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

River: (309.5 BB, 4 players) A:diamond:
      BB bets 78 BB and is all-in, Hero raises to 181.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 29 BB and is all-in

Hero shows A:heart: K:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
      Main Pot [309.5 BB]: (Pre 34%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      Side Pot#1 [87 BB]: (Pre 44%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      Side Pot#2 [98 BB]: (Pre 64%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)

BB shows 6:heart: 8:heart: (Flush, Queen High)
      Main Pot [309.5 BB]: (Pre 21%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      Side Pot#1 [87 BB]: (Pre 29%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      Side Pot#2 [98 BB]: (Pre 36%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)

BTN shows A:club: Q:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens)
      Main Pot [309.5 BB]: (Pre 26%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      Side Pot#1 [87 BB]: (Pre 27%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)

SB shows 7:heart: J:heart: (Flush, Queen High)
      Main Pot [309.5 BB]: (Pre 20%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)

Hero wins 479.5 BB

Well its no-brainer but still its cool to win 5BI at one single pot, even if it's NL2 :s_cool:

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 157.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 5)
      Hero (SB): 164.5 BB
      BB: 82 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      UTG: 162.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 11.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.41, Hands: 103)
      MP: 116.5 BB (VPIP: 35.48, PFR: 25.81, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 32)
      CO: 136.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 13 BB, fold, UTG calls 9 BB

Flop: (27 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 3:heart: 8:heart:
      Hero bets 18 BB, UTG calls 18 BB

Turn: (63 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets 50 BB, UTG calls 50 BB

River: (163 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets 83.5 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 81.5 BB and is all-in

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 80%, Flop 70%, Turn 82%)
      UTG shows 7:heart: 9:heart: (Flush, Nine High) (Pre 20%, Flop 30%, Turn 18%)
      UTG wins 314.5 BB

:facepalm: srlsy?

And try to thinking about the range...
    • bolekndm
      What a fuckng disaster. I lost 5 BI today, mostly becouse of tilt. I was getting fucked all the time by soft and eventually i get mad and started playing as complete moron. I'm 6 BI under the EV line after 3 or 4k hands, two times lost against 2 outers, next two times lost against flush draw, and of course broken AA preflop and other shit i don't remember. I think that i just could't handle losing every stackoff when i was ahead, sometimes in more than 90% and somehow i lost. I know this is poker and it has to happen sometimes but when it is happening so many times in one single session it just hard to accept.

I know that shouldn't have happened (tilt) and i should left game when i started to feel angry but i didn't think clearly at that moment. I think that i have to do some work on my mindset, but now i'm doing a day off from poker and then i have to go back to NL2 to rebuild bankroll :( . Time to drink some beer.