• 21 replies
    • Ganimator
      Ganimator
      Bronze
      Gl, with the challenge. But honestly you will learn more by using proper BRM and by moving up stakes. Playing 500k+ hands of Nl2 seems like a lot of hands for no reason and your time would be better spent studying and moving up appropriately.

Regardless of what you choose, I wish you GL!
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ganimator
      Gl, with the challenge. But honestly you will learn more by using proper BRM and by moving up stakes. Playing 500k+ hands of Nl2 seems like a lot of hands for no reason and your time would be better spent studying and moving up appropriately.

Regardless of what you choose, I wish you GL!
      Ty very match for your answer.
      Ye your advice is good but I decide to make it with my way. Maybe my way is waste time but ok I follow my road and see what happens.
      My purpose is to make roll 50bi for nl25 zoom and be reg in nl25.And spend some money for coaching and many other things to help me to be better in game.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I would wish you well in you efforts but I think if I had a bankroll of say $1200 I would find it very difficult not to play like a maniac. I suppose the first theng is to be very very disciplined! :)

Good luck and we will see you at nl25 later I hope!

Mal.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      Hey mate it is possible in my opinion, I'm on my way and I started the same you did almost 2 months ago. You can check my thread. Although about playing NL2 until you reach $1000 sounds like a loooot of hands.
      Maybe you outplay the fish hard and it works out, maybe you get stucked there and spend years to get to $1000 which isn't the idea.
      It's your money, but think it through. Maybe you can think about it as you progress as well.
      Best of luck :f_biggrin:
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I would wish you well in you efforts but I think if I had a bankroll of say $1200 I would find it very difficult not to play like a maniac. I suppose the first theng is to be very very disciplined! :)

Mal.
      +1

Originally posted by lkdr9494
      Hey mate it is possible in my opinion, I'm on my way and I started the same you did almost 2 months ago. You can check my thread. Although about playing NL2 until you reach $1000 sounds like a loooot of hands.
      Maybe you outplay the fish hard and it works out, maybe you get stucked there and spend years to get to $1000 which isn't the idea.
      It's your money, but think it through.Maybe you can think about it as you progress as well.Best of luck :f_biggrin:

Maybe.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Sick challenge,

Best of luck in whatever you decide,

Keep us updated please :)

Subbed :s_cool:

Fran
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey,
      opinions being like arseholes, here's mine and it stinks:
      You will learn a lot playing zoom but you play mostly against nits at NL2. And it's really tough to get their moneys. They generally have a solid (but too tight) preflop game but postflop are quite poor. So you won't improve your game once you get to a certain standard. You'll probably want to go up the stakes to apply more concepts that you learn on the way. I think the gap between a losing player at any limit and a winner even at NL2 is much bigger than that between each microstakes limit. GL in yr challenge though however it works out
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      I've been floating around NL2 for the last couple months on a couple of challenges, and yes you could. But why would you want to?

I went from $25 to just under $100 on Rush NL2, and after about $50 it just became dull. The last $25 were nearing painful.

I'm currently doing a $0 to $100 thing which has a lot of NL2 in it. I can't make myself sit and play more than 1,000 at a time before I want to murder.

I wish you luck with your challenge, but I'd consider using the 40 buy-in strategy and growing your game and not just your bankroll.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Did the same kind of thing a while back. Its a good way to understand varianse by yourself, without anyone telling you to be more agr.

I did fail however, and decided to go for 5$ sngs after my roll was 300$.

And i do believe you honestly think you wanna go for the 1k$. But you might change your mind around halfway, lets say 400$ or smth. Atleast thats what i did.

But its a good sign to do this kind of challenge - again, atleast it was for me.

GL :)
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      What you will learn at NL2 will value nothing at nl10.The skill difference is huge.You might wanna move up stakes with bankroll management before you actually learn to play like at NL2, because it will help you nowhere except NL2...
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      First of all thanks everyone for your answers.
      I decide to start and finish with NL2zoom cause variance is low than nl5-10-25 and etc. Definitely, I will not learn the same things that would learn in nl10-25. But as I say If I hit my target I spend many money for make coaching and other things to help me to my game. I think I learn many thing only that will play many many hands (I think 500k hands is standard).
      Nobody knows what will happen in the future but I continue for now my challenge.As I said above for most of you might be a waste of time but for me it is chance to prove that I can win at poker even nl2 zoom.

Ok lets make and my first results.

Starting roll 20$ current roll 42$

PS. Sorry for my bad English but I try to improve
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      Good luck, I am currently playing the micros too, playing NL4.

My aim is to get to £500 before moving up to the next limit.

I started at £50 and have managed to grind my way to £115 after just under two weeks, although have made a fair chunk from poker race payouts and also a few bonus releases + one payout from a freeroll MTT.
    • Paisting
      Paisting
      Silver
      I try the same on this year, so it must be possible. I'm about $3k down on NL2 so there will be some work after this year too :D
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Paisting
      I try the same on this year, so it must be possible. I'm about $3k down on NL2 so there will be some work after this year too :D

• G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Who know about pc?
      In my session my pc freeze and sound beeepppppp and then close and not open. What I do now? I log here from my tablet for help.Any ideas?
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Originally posted by G0ldFish89
      Who know about pc?
      In my session my pc freeze and sound beeepppppp and then close and not open. What I do now? I log here from my tablet for help.Any ideas?
      try to check your ram memory. it happened for me years ago and the problem was because of my memore ram dyed :D .
      gl
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      how can I understands if this is from ram?who I now if my ram is ok/.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by G0ldFish89
      how can I understands if this is from ram?who I now if my ram is ok/.
      Depends on your motherboard. There should be some form of startup test running every time you start up. This usually can be configured to do a more extended test.

If this doesnt give you any information you can run a test program. Like http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/memorytest.htm , you can run them when the computer is getting hot som you can se if thats an issue.

-----------------------------------

about hte 1000$ goal...I had sort of the same ambition. But after I had made 250$ it felt like a waste of time. Now I have moved up to NL5. It is a bit harder but I believe it´s a better place to develop my game. And in the long run propably more profitable.
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      The news in not good for my computer.MY pc need ram and and something more for the cold system I don't know how I called this. SO tomorrow or day after tomorrow I'll take it back cost,pc technical tell me 70-100€ ok no problem my husband pay :s_biggrin: .So 2 days off and then back to road to make 1000$ from nl2

Time to relax.