Ask Eugene Katchalov a question

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Last week we got you to ask your questions of WPT Champion Chris Moorman. Don't worry, we haven't forgot about that, Chris is answering them this week.

Because we got a good response, we are going to do it again. This time you have the opportunity to ask a question of Eugene Katchalov.

You can ask him anything you want in the thread below, and we will pick out the best questions for him to answer when we interview him.

We will be vetting the questions and won't be asking him anything offensive or anything that he has already been asked a thousand times before.

If your question gets asked, we'll mention your username in the final interview.

Just reply in this thread before midday on Friday April 11 to have your questions considered.

Eugene Katchalov factfile
      To best inform you on our next guest, and to avoid some obvious questions, here are the facts you need to know about Eugene Katchalov:

• He has both a World Poker Tour title and a WSOP bracelet.

• $8,264,883 in live earnings, including a PCA Super High Roller for $1.5 million and just last month he won a High Roller at EPT Vienna for €149k.

• He was born in Ukraine, but moved to New York when he was 10.

• Eugene took part in three famous WCOOP prop bets with ElkY, with each player having to complete forfeits when they lost. Eugene had to do 1,000 pressups, ElkY had to learn Russian, and both men did a cycle from Cannes to Sanremo.

• A regular traveller on the European circuit, representing Team PokerStars.

• Last year he famously became a cover model for Mens Health Magazine, after getting in great shape and losing a ton of weight.

• 13 replies
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      My question for Eugene:

What happened with the ElkY learning Russian bet, did he get out of it?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What adjustments to his eating habits does he think helped his transformation the most?
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      What are your preflop ranges in a 100bb cash game when BTN min raises SB folds and we are in The BB. Assume his opening range is 60%.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      What's it like playing a live tournament against a player like Daniel Negreanu who is very good at picking up on physical tells? Does it feel uncomfortable/physically restricting to play in an environment vs these type of guys, having to make sure your movements are completely controlled?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Which means more the WPT or WSOP win and why?
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      What was your nutrition+workout plan roughly during the cutting period?
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Fr0z3nByt3
      Bronze
      Strength training or cardio?
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      How much more pussy are you getting now you are rich and thin?
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Well that would make for a boring interview...not enough questions imo, so I will add a bunch. :)

FYI I was also born in Ukraine, but have been living mostly abroad starting form when I was 10. Just like you. :f_cool:

- So do you still consider yourself Ukrainian or more like American with Ukrainian heritage.

- Do you speak Ukrainian?

- Do you visit Ukraine often?

- Could you please comment on the current situation in Ukraine?
    • ClerkenwellBoi
      ClerkenwellBoi
      Bronze
      Damn! I only just noticed this thread so have just missed the midday deadline! And Eugene is one of my poker heroes :(

But in case I can slip in past the PS red velvet rope and give Barry the Bouncer the slip....

Eugene, you always seem to have a great demeanour. Relaxed, friendly, smiling while playing with steel underneath the cheerfulness. The sort of manner that I can only aspire to!

How much of that is your natural manner? Or is it part of your ongoing discipline in terms of mind training as it were? Or has your fitness regime also helped to maintain what appears to be a very stable sense of equilibrium and balance?

Thank you and apologies for coming to the party late!

Charlie
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by ClerkenwellBoi
      Damn! I only just noticed this thread so have just missed the midday deadline! And Eugene is one of my poker heroes :(

But in case I can slip in past the PS red velvet rope and give Barry the Bouncer the slip....

Eugene, you always seem to have a great demeanour. Relaxed, friendly, smiling while playing with steel underneath the cheerfulness. The sort of manner that I can only aspire to!

How much of that is your natural manner? Or is it part of your ongoing discipline in terms of mind training as it were? Or has your fitness regime also helped to maintain what appears to be a very stable sense of equilibrium and balance?

Thank you and apologies for coming to the party late!

Charlie
      Just snuck you in sir

Questions now closed
    • ClerkenwellBoi
      ClerkenwellBoi
      Bronze
      Just snuck you in sir

:D
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin