Powerpril

• LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Forgive me lord, for the massive gains I am about to receive.
      What's up Pokerstrategy. It's me Lemon, ready to crush.

Poker Jesus has been most kind to me last year when I turned full time in November, but this year the lord testeth me

And has smitten me with unclear mind, weakness of will and win rate as low as 4bb/100.

This shall be my promise to the community, I shall excercise or walk each morning to get set up for the day, and I shall commence in prayer to baby poker Jesus each night, reviewing my sessions passed and posting hands either of difficulty, or where devil's grasp possessed me and caused me to tilt.

Of course I am also in the middle of heavy practice for Pokerstrategy Heads Up Championship finals, and I am daily polishing the dice that decides my actions in the enigmatic format that I've never played before.
  • 20 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      :D

Nice intro Lemon,

Will you update your poker results and goals here? I would like to read about those. :)

gl in the finals :)

Fran
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Damn you guys, I promised you I'll exercise every morning. Now I feel rly tired after waking up (sauna yesterday) it's raining outside and is cold the last thing I want to do is go out there and run!
      But I can't lie to pokerstrategy can I now, I will do it for you anyway since I promised!
      What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

And yeah Fran I will - this year's graph

I cash out about $800/mo so only goal is to leave limits under NL50 and move there asap I've got a pretty good winrate there so far. Last year I had high winrate, this year high volume but winrate has dropped - all I have to do is keep this year's volumes and get the quality up and it'll be a breeeze.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I actually went today. How could it be so cold outside yet my lungs were burning so much?
      Morning Exercise:
      bike=>stadium, 4 laps with dynamic stretches, b ball, mindful walk with Tommy Angelo in headphones, shower.

Goals for the day:
      [ ]6 hours : 3.5only
      [x ]watch W34z3l's new vid (happy Bday bro): Watched it, the ranges are similar to ones I picked from Applications. Good was the comparison between LAG and TAG, it's true that when I play tight there's little stress and in effect higher winrate especially in times when I'm tilted. Kudos, I'm recommending that series to everyone.
      [ ]mark+review 5 hands: 3 only

Hand reviews:
      H1: pretty happy here with the play vs a straightforward dude innit?

PokerStars - $0.16 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

0morima0 (BB): $16.24 (VPIP: 20.88, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 94)
      Kiko991 (UTG): $17.90 (VPIP: 18.53, PFR: 14.49, 3Bet Preflop: 5.83, Hands: 8,127)
      TrustedTed (CO): $11.06 (VPIP: 27.42, PFR: 20.97, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 63)
      shvelerr (BTN): $16.61 (VPIP: 18.87, PFR: 14.15, 3Bet Preflop: 11.63, Hands: 108)
      DoC.LemOn (SB): $18.44

DoC.LemOn posts SB $0.08, 0morima0 posts BB $0.16

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.24) DoC.LemOn has A:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, shvelerr raises to $0.48, DoC.LemOn raises to $1.60, fold, shvelerr calls $1.12

Flop: ($3.36, 2 players) T:club: 9:diamond: A:club:
      DoC.LemOn checks, shvelerr checks

Turn: ($3.36, 2 players) A:heart:
      DoC.LemOn bets $1.76, shvelerr calls $1.76

River: ($6.88, 2 players) 7:spade:
      DoC.LemOn bets $2.16, shvelerr calls $2.16

DoC.LemOn shows A:diamond: 2:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 31%, Flop 17%, Turn 14%)
      shvelerr shows J:diamond: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 69%, Flop 83%, Turn 86%)
      shvelerr wins $10.70

H2: this is a fucking gay river spot
      I should have folded it man in hindsight, prolly call AJ here
      still it sucks vs aggrotard

PokerStars - $0.16 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

MultyX (SB): $16.00 (VPIP: 20.84, PFR: 15.89, 3Bet Preflop: 3.70, Hands: 689)
      Wayne7171 (BB): $31.43 (VPIP: 72.73, PFR: 31.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      Tib3riw (UTG): $17.93 (VPIP: 32.26, PFR: 22.58, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 95)
      DoC.LemOn (CO): $17.17
      Maye Ramos (BTN): $16.50 (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 32)

MultyX posts SB $0.08, Wayne7171 posts BB $0.16

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.24) DoC.LemOn has J:diamond: K:diamond:

Tib3riw raises to $0.48, DoC.LemOn calls $0.48, fold, MultyX calls $0.40, Wayne7171 calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.92, 4 players) 7:spade: J:heart: 9:diamond:
      MultyX checks, Wayne7171 bets $0.80, Tib3riw calls $0.80, DoC.LemOn calls $0.80, MultyX calls $0.80

Turn: ($5.12, 4 players) 4:diamond:
      MultyX checks, Wayne7171 bets $4.96, fold, DoC.LemOn calls $4.96, fold

River: ($15.04, 2 players) 6:club:
      Wayne7171 bets $7.20, DoC.LemOn calls $7.20

Wayne7171 shows 9:club: J:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 26%, Flop 79%, Turn 73%)
      DoC.LemOn mucks J:diamond: K:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 74%, Flop 21%, Turn 27%)
      Wayne7171 wins $28.12

H3: Okay we play HU with the dude' he might be pissed
      The flop I will just fold next time, he's a nit 6max but thing is I block QJ KQ he reps total zip so I peeled. Ima just let the fucker have it next time. I wanted to bluff river myself there but no point now.
      Again a gay spot but it just makes no sense for him to take the line as a bluff or anything so ended up folding

PokerStars - $0.16 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

Teonanancatl (SB): $24.79 (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 36.36, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
      DoC.LemOn (BB): $34.73
      relaksen (CO): $16.00 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      gatoulis_Dim (BTN): $24.38 (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 9.60, 3Bet Preflop: 7.25, Hands: 203)

Teonanancatl posts SB $0.08, DoC.LemOn posts BB $0.16

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.24) DoC.LemOn has J:club: K:diamond:

fold, gatoulis_Dim raises to $0.48, fold, DoC.LemOn raises to $1.60, gatoulis_Dim calls $1.12

Flop: ($3.28, 2 players) 6:diamond: 6:spade: Q:club:
      DoC.LemOn bets $2.03, gatoulis_Dim raises to $4.06, DoC.LemOn calls $2.03

Turn: ($11.40, 2 players) 4:club:
      DoC.LemOn checks, gatoulis_Dim checks

River: ($11.40, 2 players) J:heart:
      DoC.LemOn checks, gatoulis_Dim bets $5.44, fold

gatoulis_Dim wins $10.89

Day summary:
      1) Morning was freaking dreadful, yesterday I went for gym and sauna and the morning excercise murdered me. From now I am eating only healthy stuff, but shitloads of it. Had junk food on Monday, porridge/bananas/tuna/veggies today all day and the energy was missing with monday so hard on me and low sleep cause of high sugar intake at night.
      I was like almost depressed lol

2) Nap and a training fix'd that and had a good session, day saver later.

3) I came up with some awesome affirmations, you can use them for free:
      I AM SOLID LIKE A FUCKING ROCK
      I NEVER MOTHERFUCKING TILT

4) Also there was a floorball training scheduled. Nobody fucking came so I was there on my own, practicing movements in goals. Behold:

Thanks for reading, this has been day1.
      I probably need to switch to gym in the mornings, today's weather was ugly as hell and a tad depressing even tho listening to Tommy Angelo's mindfullness was pretty cool
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Nice graph and nice goals,

Really excited to read about your progress.

glgl
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Morning Exercise:
      Gym: 20 min eclyptic, legs, boxing bag, some core to end it.
      Goals for the day:
      [ ]6 hours: Only 4 :/
      [X]5hands posted
      Hand reviews:
      literally first hand of the day, 41/30 guy

$0.08/$0.16 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN Evan.Sm1th ($17.92) 112bb
      SB DocLemoN ($16) 100bb
      BB vamp1r ($16.40) 103bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.24, 3 players) DocLemoN is SB Q:club: Q:heart:
      Evan.Sm1th raises to $0.48, DocLemoN raises to $1.60, vamp1r folds, Evan.Sm1th calls $1.12

Flop: 7:diamond: 6:diamond: 2:heart: ($3.36, 2 players)
      DocLemoN checks, Evan.Sm1th bets $2.08, DocLemoN raises to $4.96, Evan.Sm1th raises to $9.92, DocLemoN goes all-in $14.40, Evan.Sm1th calls $4.48

Turn: K:heart: ($32.16, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 2:club: ($32.16, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $32.16
      Evan.Sm1th shows two pair, Aces and Deuces
      A:club: A:heart:
      DocLemoN shows two pair, Queens and Deuces
      Q:club: Q:heart:

Evan.Sm1th wins $31.16 (net +$15.16)

DocLemoN lost $16

H2: NL16 BUvSB vs 23%+ 3bettor
      H3: NL16 vs gay line
      H4: NL16 BVB: Turn and river play
      H5: NL16 AKo backshove

Day summary:
      Everything was going well, but then kaplow - I lost 3x AIPFR with AK in a row, all 3 were good GII spots really I tilted off a buy in I think.
      I went to the gym, then went for a training and really pushed myself physically today, so happy with that. There's still too much emotional build up, but telling myself that I never fucking tilt every 3 minutes makes me focus on it pretty well tho.
      graph:

surprised the volume was so low, thought I played longer but I woke up 10am and gym took until 1, had to take a nap and training was 19:15-22:00. Usually when I run bad I'd just put in huge volumes, but not it's counter productive with how badly I'm handling variance.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Morning Excercise: short walk
      Goals for the day: :
      3hrs [ ]X
      3h reviews[ ]X
      Hand Reviews::
      Day Summary:
      cool day lol
      I'm definitely burnt out a bit all dem signs are here I take it too seriously etc :)
      This is last 7 days
      poker stopped being fun for a bit.

So this weekend I have no goals, no pressure - just play when I feel like it for as long as I feel like
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Today was good - just chill, played when I wanted to and had a relaxing day otherwise watching shows walks outside naps :)

Basically just having fun and I plan the same for the next few days - play when I'm in the mood only, and chill get myself relaxed smore to get ready for end of the month grind :)

I play fewer tables, started takig notes again, and instead of playing by a system and stats just going back to basics a bit as galfond said - poker is all about people telling you a story, and how well you can follow it and decide if it's true or not which makes it fun.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Well, rough day again - my mouse stopped working. was spewing tilted quite a bit, lost about 7 80%+ equity pots etc. Poor mouse - I have to buy a new one now the buttons are starting to malfunction :P
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Goals:
      [x] 6HRS -ish 5.5 :]
      [x] read books in breaks
      [x] review 5 hands after day's over
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      gl :)

I personally like doing nothing related to poker during breaks, that somehow relaxes me to continue, but that's individual I guess. :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah Me too, it's not poker books - just need to force myself to read them instead of dling 2and a half men and watching dota streams.
      I discovered local library and have stuff on philosophy, sex in history (awesome book in czech tho :D ) some clarke, advice on self-knowledge, meditation, hemingway, how to flirt etc etc

today 5.12 hrs only
      I'm done running bad again playing bad too

HHs:
      [Edited by Lazza61]
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      okay from now on no talk of results no looking at graph, cashier
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Man downswings are pure awesomeness - they always push you forward force you do uncomfortable stuff. Today I didn't look at cashier or graphs once - maybe I won $1k, maybe there's my last $16 in my account who knows It just forces me to focus on what's important.

I started taking notes in sizings especially PF and flop and people are really bad transparent started printing money vs some tagfish. This GTO standard ranges stuff is good for Zoom, but there is shitloads of money at the tables if you just forget about that, focus on people their leaks and exploit the shit out of them.

NO idea how long I played, no idea how many hands. And I don't really care

I also finished a super awesome book in 2 days - Sex in history. Popes, kings, Caesars, emperors, presidents - what a bunch of freaking but entertaining perverts
      I'm onto Rendezvous with Rama fom Clarke - books really help me relax between sessions. Apparently in comparison to mane Sade, Masoch and Casanova all were pretty much saints and virgins

I have a floorball match tonight, I'm in goals with my former classmates, none of whom play even remotely competitively against the top team in this fun league who has a few players from the highest league, even a dude that plays for Senior Czech national team lol, aim is to lose less than 0:10 and if we manage that it'll be like winning the Stanley Cup.

Today's hands:
      If you want to comment on some just post here and link the hand u mean.
      I find hand evaluation to take too much time really

[Edited by Lazza61]
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Well I went out drinking after match last night, my day started 4pm really today :]

I played well I feel, just one big mistake near the end where I bluffed off stack vs a huge nit.
      I don't open PT4 anymore don't look at cashier but I think I'm up some for the day which is good :P

hhs:
      [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Lem0n36,

I have had to edit out some of your HHs as they link to one of our direct competitors which is against our forum principles.

Hope you understand

Laz
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      it's a hand converter just public where random people can comment:/
      I see you guys linking to 2p2 all the time in news and this site is just an alternative to 2p2, with a converter?
      So no, I do not understand. If you don't allow to use that converter you should ban weaktight, HH converter, links to HSDB two plus two etc.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi Lemon,

Thanks for your question,

Our forum principles do not allow linking to our competitors sites in this way because it can be seen as invite for participation in hand's discussion and any other activity on that site.

You are welcome to use any HH's converter you want, but please put the HH's directly in the thread instead of giving the link out. If you do it that way; pasting the converted hands directly, everything should be fine.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, and we hope that you understand our reasons for this,

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me,

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      sup guys, it's been a decent weekend - I went for a double barbecue and a Birthday over it, and I will definitely be setting hours played goals for the remainder of the month to put some volumes in.

Also a HU Championship semi final video was released so check it out
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/33122/

I'm definitely a large underdog as I'm pretty sure I am facing a SnG player next but I shall try my best to at least take it to more than 4 games in a bo7 :)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Okay was kinda worried if I'll be able to pay my rent since I wasn't looking at results.
      So decided to check and cash out
      -this is since I stopped looking at results completely

weird stuff is OTB low winrate for some reason

I'll chalk it up to variance I seem to have lost a lot of big pots, no biggie.

Well that's it, cashed out need to get rid of T$ but this is the last time I'm looking at results until May 12th - I'll see if I should move up then. Ima play NL16-25 in the meantime, add some soft NL50 and 25 deep too when I feel like it.

This experiment worked out like a charm - I had a couple losing days, a few streaks where I was getting killed but I didn't notice at all sine I ignored the results, just kept trucking.
      I also had a $170 day there and didn't feel ecstatic or anything just kept playing as usual - I simply didn't even notice.
      This might be the best thing ever, it brought so much freedom to my mind there's no highs and lows anymore, just focusing on best play, getting more reads, getting new resources and reviewing hands. It really seems like the golden pill when it comes to mental game I've been looking for :)