Beautiful seacoast of Croatia

• goldenbode
      goldenbode
      Bronze
      I am inviting everyone to come to visit my country...
      If you are not familiar with the beauty of the Croatian coast hurry up and find something online. Or ask me through this thread!!!
  • 10 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I once asked Fran about Rijeka. He said it's cold in winter but quite cute in summer... How do you rate it in comparison with Zadar and Split (that are alas a bit more expensive to live in)? Do you find it a good city to live in throughout the year in comparison with Zagreb?

P.S. By starting this thread, you've got committed to sending me a visa invitation letter :f_tongue:
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      I have a couple of friends that have visited Croatia and they all said that it's a beautiful country. What places do you suggest we visit OP? It's not far from Bulgaria and my friends and I are contemplating going to Greece or Croatia this summer, so please do suggest something. We're all young and like to drink & party 24/7 if that helps :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice thread goldenbode,

I'm sure many people are interested in this because summer is almost here.

I can help out a little bit too.

Tony, the thing is that Rijeka and the whole North Adriatic (including Istra) are in kind of different climate zone than Dalmatia (Southern Adriatic). Summers are pretty hot in both part, but Dalmatia wheather is more stable- not many rainy days. However, Northen gastronomy and touristic offers are really premium; Istra is known for great food, festivals, events, great hotels etc.

So yeah, both parts has its pros.

If you guys have some concrete destinations in mind, feel free to ask anything about these, 'll be happy to help you out. (and goldenbode probably after starting this thread :) )

Also, someone asked for partying,

For partying, there is a place called Novalja, beach Zrce; it's on island of Pag. Party's there don't stop over the season, they call it little Ibiza :) .

Cheers!
      Fran
    • goldenbode
      goldenbode
      Bronze
      Tony,for me Zadar is the best choice. Beautiful city that has places to party, beautiful girls, histrical sights and is close to many beautiful places you need to see if you come to Croatia.
    • goldenbode
      goldenbode
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerPPP
      I have a couple of friends that have visited Croatia and they all said that it's a beautiful country. What places do you suggest we visit OP? It's not far from Bulgaria and my friends and I are contemplating going to Greece or Croatia this summer, so please do suggest something. We're all young and like to drink & party 24/7 if that helps :)
      For you mate Zrce(island Pag) and Vodice is definetely best choice
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by goldenbode
      Tony,for me Zadar is the best choice. Beautiful city that has places to party, beautiful girls, histrical sights and is close to many beautiful places you need to see if you come to Croatia.
      Thanks for the advice, sorry for intervening into the fun of this thread... I neither party nor look for sex, nor even like food, I'm so boring :f_eek:
    • goldenbode
      goldenbode
      Bronze
      Its ok tony. as long as you are nice we wont hold that against you... :D :D :D
    • ClerkenwellBoi
      ClerkenwellBoi
      Bronze
      I neither party nor look for sex, nor even like food, I'm so boring fish eek

But you play poker so that already zooms you up to the top of the list of interesting people to hang out with! I've been at so many parties over the past year where all sorts of sex, drugs and rock n roll has been going on and all I can think is, I wish there was just one person here I could talk bet sizing with :)

And as my best friend Alex wants to do her 30th in Croatia and was asking for suggestions, I can run by her some of these ideas. All I could add to the debate up to now was that I had remembered hearing there are lots of nudist beaches :f_cool: I'm not sure whether that has helped her decision making process much so perhaps this thread may be a little more useful ;)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by ClerkenwellBoi
      But you play poker so that already zooms you up to the top of the list of interesting people to hang out with :)
      Poker and betting are very popular in the UK and people there are used to the fact that they can earn a living. The Slav mentality is different, not many people understand that these activities are +EV, others will view any poker player as a financially unreliable, if not mentally ill, gambler. Croats are now getting closer to Western Europeans in the general mindset, but still not enough.
    • eli318
      eli318
      Bronze
      Hi, I am from Croatia. very beautiful country with many islands and beautiful arable land, the only problem is the poor economy. Foreign investors also do not want to take the job because the administration is very poor and slow.