clearing out bonuses

• jassurin
      jassurin
      Bronze
      Hi , new here and wondering what might be the best way to clear out bonuses, cash games or sng´s..I realize that it probably also comes down to one´s abilities to multi table which I am not great at yet..Thoughts?

cheers
  • 4 replies
    • toxicchili
      toxicchili
      Bronze
      It is worth checking the bonus terms too, these make a big difference.

Even on the same network. (I can't guarantee the examples are accurate for both poker sites now, but this was how it was when I deposited.)

For example
      iPoker Network
      -------------------
      betfair: you release $10 every 1000 points.
      Ladbrokes: you release $5 every 170 points.

That's a massive difference, Im not 100% sure that a point on betfair is equal to a point on ladbrokes, but I have found it far easier to get my bonus on ladbrokes.

How you release the bonus will be impacted not only by your playing style, but also your bankroll. SnG's having a higher variance so is likely to require more buy-ins than cash games.

For cash games, you literally need to grind it out, playing a TAG and playing a lot of hands. On microstakes it can take a few months to get all your bonus.

I play up to 4 tables at a time, just playing single tables will take a long time to get your bonus and it is possible if you are playing micros or low stake tables you won't release all of it before it expires.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Cash games are typically the best way to clear a bonus, at least at the lower stakes.
      Fast Fold games would be even better, if they're available.
    • jassurin
      jassurin
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers..Am currently clearing a bonus at WH ( i poker )playing cash games.Believe the bonus terms are the same as at Ladbrokes..It certainly will take a while to clear it, I play 3 tables.

cheers
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      WH does have Fast Fold games, so I'd recommend them as the best way to clear your bonus, if you have the bankroll for them.