Help me contstruct a HUD

• Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

so I downloaded the trial version of PT4, but I'm not quite sure how to construct the HUD.

So the key points to bear in mind:
      • I'm a beginner, so I don't want TOO many stats. Getting confused would be counter-productive
      • I'm playing MSS on SR tables at micro-limits, I raise/fold 99% of the time preflop (exceptions being checking BB, calling low PPs BU with 2+ limpers or in SB with 1+)

So, the HUD I'm using right now looks like:
      First line: VPIP, PFR, ATS, Fold to steal, Fold to 3bet after steal, 3Bet preflop
      Second line: Notes, Fold to F CB, Fold to T 2B, Donk flop, Check raise flop, Hands

Any tips on making this better? Also, I would like to have a positional breakdown of the stats when I hover over them, not just a big pop-up with everything on it. E.g. when I hover over Fold to steal, I would like to see what % they fold to steal from CO, BU, SB.

If I posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move it, but under the PT section I only found people posting about technical difficulties, so I decided to post here.
  • 3 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balonger93
      Also, I would like to have a positional breakdown of the stats when I hover over them, not just a big pop-up with everything on it. E.g. when I hover over Fold to steal, I would like to see what % they fold to steal from CO, BU, SB.
      You can do that by creating a new group of stats, and then select "Lower Opacity Until Mouse Over" for this group in the dropdown menu for "Display Type". Please make sure that this group appears above the group of your basic stats in the groups list, or else the advanced stats will appear below the basic stats at the tables when you hover of them.

About your HUD, I think it is already pretty decent for the beginning. In case you want to expand it, though, there was one coaching in our German community a few weeks ago that focused on building a HUD (it was aimed at BSS Zoom players, but you might still find it useful). The HUD the coach recommend looked like this:

Name - VPIP - PFR - 3Bet - Fold to 3Bet
      EP RFI - MP RFI - CO Steal - BTN Steal - SB StealFlop Cbet - Turn Cbet - River Cbet - Fold Flop to CB - Fold Turn to CB - Fold River to CB
      Skip Flop CB and check-fold OOP - Skip Flop CB and Check-Call OOP - Skip Flop CB and Check-Raise OOp - Flop Bet vs. Missed CB IP - Turn Bet vs. Missed CB IP
      Flop Raise CB - Turn Raise CB - Tot 4Bet Range - Tot fold to 4Bet - Total Hands

It might look a little intimidating, so I put the stats I'm currently using myself in bold, and the ones I'm currently using as mouse over stats in bold italics.

In case you're wondering, the recommended pop-up stats (that appear when you click on them) were:
      3-Bet:

Tot: EP: MP: CO: BTN: SB: BB:

3-Bet: 'Tot 3Bet' EP 3Bet MP 3Bet CO 3Bet BTN 3Bet SB 3Bet BB 3Bet
      3-Bet vs: 3Bet vs. EP 3Bet vs. MP 3-Bet vs. CO 3Bet vs. BTN BLinds BB 3Bet vs. SB
      Fold to 3-Bet: 'TOT fold to 3Bet' EP Fold to 3Bet MP fold to 3bet
      Call 3-Bet: 'Tot call 3Bet' EP call 3bet
      3-Bet vs. Hero: 'Tot 3Bet vs. Hero' Tot 3Bet vs. EP hero
      Fold to Squeeze (caller) 'Tot fold to squeezer as caller'
      Fold to Squeeze (raiser) 'Tot fold to squeezer as raiser'

4Bet:
      4Bet: Call4Bet: Fold to 4Bet: 4Bet vs. Resteal:
      'Tot 4Bet' 'Tot call 4bet' 'Tot fold to 4Bet' 'Tot 4bet v resteal

5Bet:
      5Bet: Fold to 5Bet:
      'Tot 5Bet Range' 'Tot fold to 5Bet

I might have made some of this appear more complicated than it is, so feel free to ask if you don't understand something.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply!

Is this the video you are talking about per chance? I'm actually studying in Germany right now, so I'll give this video a shot. Hopefully I'll understand it, my German skills are not really tested at Maths lectures :P

I don't quite get how useful the stats from the 4th line are, guess I'll find out after watching the video :s_grin:
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balonger93
      Is this the video you are talking about per chance?
      Yes, that's the one.

The discussion thread for this coaching is here, by the way.