Sunday Storm Sat Locking You In

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      So I played the normal Sunday Storm 235 fpp 6 man hyper that I usually play to turn fpps into T$.

I win and go to unreg as per usual but instead of the usual I get this message.

"Satellite qualifiers may not unregister".

Like wtf is that? No warning prior to regging and I have to work 8 hours during the time that tourny will be on so it is impossible for me to play. Thankfully I only regged once.
  • 10 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hey Verre,

thanks for bringing this up,

To be honest, it's very surprising to me because I played tons of these satties and always unregistered successfully, I'll try to investigate a little bit if PokerStars changed their rules for 6max hyper satties, and come back to you. Meanwhile, if you find out something yourself please let us know.

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hey Verre,

Just tried to play one myself, and yes, I received this message before I registered:

However, when I tried to register for another MTT sattie (also 235FPP one) I didn't get this message, and this Sunday Storm coming up is the 3rd anniversary one with 1M prize pool, so I suppose it's because of that.

Thanks again for bringing this up; it will interest many players due to popularity of these satties.

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Yeah I played on the iPhone app and got no such warning. If I did I would not have regged. I'm quite miffed about it to be honest.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Stars are overreacting to the late reg absence bug and are now trying to pump players into SS in advance so that it fills up even if the bug reappears.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Update.

I got a very unsatisfactory response from stars basically saying that I should have had superhuman skills and known that I would not be able to unregister even if they failed to implement the warning on the iPhone app.

I sent one last response back saying I am requesting nothing but the T$ I earned and that due to their inability to impliment said warning is an issue on their end not mine.

I'm sure this is a fruitless pursuit of justice that isn't worth my time for 11 bucks but the principal of the issue makes me furious.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Like wtf is that? No warning prior to regging and I have to work 8 hours during the time that tourny will be on so it is impossible for me to play. Thankfully I only regged once.
      Well, surely if you win a second one they will give you the $T, so it doesn't really matter if you won 1 or more. Not like they will give you multiple entries into the same tourney when everyone else only has 1, that certainly wouldn't be something to complain about. :f_biggrin:
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      No but I am still burning 11 bucks by having regged into the tournament anyways.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      It doesn't affect any other sat AFAIK. I played a $3.75 sat and I could unreg :)
    • 0Magic14
      0Magic14
      Basic
      They are only doing it because they want the x amount of players in the Sunday Storm that's why, I managed to get into the $22 macu satty from 70fpp but couldn't unreg due for it being a live event, Sadly just missing out on the $215 ticket, which I was not happy, lol.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I wrote a nice e-mail to the support and they offered me a good solution in case i should earn "accidently" :rolleyes: another ticket via the Shootout Tourney.

Anyway: unregistering is only locked for this Anniversary Tourney and we can be sure for future Tickets, that it will work as always. I just do not play this weekend anymore those 210FPP sats... :D

greets NVKS