What are the best times to play poker?

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I'm able to play any time between 00:00 GMT and 12:00 GMT, and I was wondering what the most profitable times to play during those hours would be. If it matters, I play micro-stakes STT's.
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Salivanth,
      A lot depends on the room and the game.

Pokerstars nearly always has sufficient traffic for almost any game at any time.

For the other rooms, just watch them.

This site http://www.pokerscout.com/ has a graph that shows player populations by room by time of day, but it doesn't break it down by game type.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I'm looking less at traffic, and more how soft the games would be. Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier. I play on PokerStars, so traffic is never an issue.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Salivanth,
      I've no idea about relative strength of players at various times, however when there is more traffic, there are more players with less-than-average ability.

Or so I would think.

From 00:00 to 12:00 GMT is when most people in Europe are asleep or at work.

There is a fair contingent of players from Brazil and Argentina during those hours -- and of course Canada, but we're all tough-as-nails regs. :coolface:

Cheers,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      There will be no definitive answer to this I'm afraid. It's like asking how long is a piece of string :D

Test it out over a few weeks and maybe you will see for yourself which hours are more/less fishier than others :)

Regards,
      Gary