possible hand scenario

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ok i just decided to learn counting pot odds so i thought i should study poker on tv

this is a hand i am curious about

As2s

FLOP: 3dQs5s

2 players in the hand

how many outs are there?

am i right to count 16?

16 outs?

is it not too many?

thanks

if it is the wrong forum, please redirect me but let me also know where it was moved haha
  • 5 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Hello excelgeo,

There are articles and also a video about counting outs and calculating pot odds.

Yes,you have maximum 16 outs,but depending on action on flop,you may have to discount outs.

Also you can move your thread yourself,look at right down corner.There is a box with "additional options" written.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi excelgeo,

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/258/ - NL BSS outs and odds.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2105 - Odds and outs video.

These will help you!!

Bear in mind that your ace has no kicker, therefore may not be counted as outs.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      yes i do know about discounted outs, it is just that the odds and outs seminar counts up to 15 so i was a little confused

it was high stakes poker season 1 episode 2 with negranau holding the A2s

so you can go up to 16 without taking into consideration the discounted ones.

but no matter about the discounted odds, it is a hand worth staying on if you have 16 on the flop isnt it?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yes, but I don't think you can count 16 outs here..

Like cannel said... you shouldn't count the A's as outs, because you have a really shitty kicker.

I say you have 9 outs for your flush draw. 3 more outs for the straight (the 4 :spade: has already been counted on the flush outs). That's 12 out max

But you only have the bottom straight draw.. so you might even consider discouting 1 or 2 outs for that.

It's safe to say you have 10 outs. It's a rather good number of outs...

When you have 12+ outs, you'll complete your hand 50%+ of the time, so it's almost always worth a push.

With 16 outs, you'll improve your hand in over 60% of the cases, so it's definitely worth staying
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi excelgeo,

How did you get the conclusion of 16 outs?

Did you count the 4 :spade: twice?

Rgeards,
      Stiev