April Challenge: Celebrating 1 year playing 6 max hypers.

• BYOBToBBQ
      BYOBToBBQ
      Bronze
      As you may have read in the title, it has been 1 year playing hypers. And it has allowed me to go from a meager 23$ bankroll to a 1700$ bankroll and still counting.

So I had a blog here which died, because since December 2013 I have put in a lol volume. I'm not dead, still playing poker and switched from the HU hypers to the 6 max hypers, which althoug lol sample have been going great (well EV is great (7%), green line not following but whatever, it will come with volume hopefully)

And I decided for this special anniversary to motivate myself and achieve the long awaited GoldStar.

For this I need to play 1447 6 max hypers (58 hours) from now on till the end of the month.

I'm currently 4 tabling and looking to improve to 6 tabling, so that's a goal too.

AND the most interesting part for you, random viewer, is that I give away a 20$ freeroll to the first poster if I don't reach one of those goals (you'll have to trust me for the 6 tabling part).

Will update daily.

If this thread works out, I'll reopen a blog.
  • 8 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      nice will follow
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi BYOBToBBQ,

Nice monthly challenge,

So nice to have a 6max hyper player around,

Hopefully, we'll convince you to reopen your blog by following your results here. That'd be awesome :)

Best of luck sir,
      Fran
    • BYOBToBBQ
      BYOBToBBQ
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for the kind words guy. SO here is how it went:

This is the monthly graph. If you want to know how I did on day 1, look at the last 76 games. So it went very well 1 st session, then 2nd and 3rd were an absolute nightmare, set up after set up, running like aids card distribution wise etc, causing the EV to be breakeven for the day. Fortunately I ran good so it's + 65$ in my pocket :s_cool: . Whatever pretty tilting day all in all and reminded me with I want to switch to MTT's so bad :D .

Also I post here my yearly graph at those stakes:

Very happy with my EV roi (maybe a bit too high, probably around 6% or 6.5%) and not too worried about green line, as I sunran the heads-up hypers, so I had to give some monies back :D .

Hand of the day:

Poker Stars $6.71+$0.29 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds + t6 - 3 players - View hand 2474539
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t939 M = 8.69
      Hero (SB): t334 M = 3.09
      BB: t1727 M = 15.99

Pre Flop: (t108) Hero is SB with 9 :diamond: 3 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t328 all in, BB calls t268

Flop: (t674) 4 :club: 5 :spade: A :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t674) K :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t674) 6 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t674
      Hero shows 9 :diamond: 3 :club: (high card Ace)
      BB shows 3 :heart: 8 :heart: (high card Ace - lower kicker)
      Hero wins t674

LOOOOOL villain. He was 36/20 at the time, so nothing warned me of this. Obviously not pushing this garbage if I knew he would call this wide. Pretty lol i got it in with a very good equity.

Spew of the day:

Poker Stars $6.71+$0.29 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds + t6 - 3 players - View hand 2474538
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t1250 M = 11.57
      Hero (SB): t1021 M = 9.45
      BB: t729 M = 6.75

Pre Flop: (t108) Hero is SB with T :spade: 2 :spade:
      1 fold, Hero calls t30, BB checks

Flop: (t138) T :heart: J :heart: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets t60, BB raises to t663 all in, Hero calls t603

Turn: (t1464) 6 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t1464) 5 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t1464
      Hero shows T :spade: 2 :spade: (a pair of Tens)
      BB shows Q :spade: 4 :spade: (a pair of Queens)
      BB wins t1464

(Flawed) Thought process:

Preflop guy was passive vs limp but aggro vs raises (3 betted quit a lot previously), so I limp with the plan to stab. And he insta checks behind, making me think he ticked the check/fold case (which I'm pretty sure he did). So his range is mostly garbage hand like 7-2 etc.

The board comes all broadway and I can't see him check raising with a pair of tens, jacks or queens, because his range paired range consists mostly of Broadways+weak kicker so I thought he would c/c thoses. He never has 2 pair on this board, because he would have raised my limp with 2 broadways.

So I put him on a spazz, flush draw (garbage suited hand), or 9x.

But I think Qx makes some sense here, because my range is weak too. So maybe he knew i didn't have much but his hand isn't that strong to be value bet so he wanted to just overshove to collect the dead money.

Whatever I should have folded :s_grin: .

Also I wont be here the coming weekend + friday, will spend Easter with my granpa who lives in the mountains, so no grinding. :D

BR: 1740$
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Oh wow, you're going to find MTTs sooooo sloooowwww for a while after these! :D

Glad to see you managed to get a result by the way.

So, blogs it is then?... :f_love:

Best regards,

Mal. :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice graphs, :)

I love these 6max hypers also, I'm just too big fish to handle 200-300 bi's swings..

Also, blog reopening becomes closer? :D

Glgl,
      Fran
    • BYOBToBBQ
      BYOBToBBQ
      Bronze
      SO my family made me a little surprise, we went to the mountain yesterday afternoon, so 2 days of grinding cut :D . I won't update till Monday.

It's okay, I'll just need to switch to 6 tabling sooner than expected but I'll do it!

Oh wow, you're going to find MTTs sooooo sloooowwww for a while after these!

Haha I already have mixed mtt sessions before, and yes although they are slower, I think they are much more entertaining and stimulating (also hearthbreaking, sucks to play those for 4 hours and loose a huge flip, ending up winning 4 times your BI) than those hypers. Also I'll probably 8 table MTT's at the beggining and increase so I won't be too bored ;D.

I love these 6max hypers also, I'm just too big fish to handle 200-300 bi's swings..

I never had such a big downswing, but yes playing those games definitely helps you accept variance. I have no problem loosing heaps of money as long as my EV line is going up. I'm only tilting when I'm doing ev- moves :D .

Also, blog reopening becomes closer?

Only if I make this challenge. I really need to prove I can update daily and put in some volume!
    • BYOBToBBQ
      BYOBToBBQ
      Bronze
      YOyoyo didn't make it :( . Anyway 400$ profit for April which is nice given the 500 games volume. Anyway Pokerppp send your nick for the free moniezzz. Also is it considered as colluding if during a 6 max hyper bubble the following situation occurs:

Me 1600 chips
      Reg 1200 chips
      tight fish 200 chips (on my left)

blinds 120/60 6 ante

Is it colluding if I keep folding my SB button to let the shortstack alive and shoving 100 % from the button because I know that the reg knows that he can't call light (top 5%). The fish won't call light too and it means I can steal really wide. This dynamic dissappears if I get to HU (i.e. the ss is eliminated).

Because it looks kinda like I keep my buddy alive and try to bust the reg and the reg accused me of cheating.

I just want to know if it is wrong and I should stop doing it.

Obviously don't know either of these guys previously. The reg called my an idiot so it kinda make me go like '' you know what, imma troll you big time. ICM pressure ftw''.

Let me know guys
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      nope thats exploiting opponents perfectly fine :)