Poker Books

• Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Hi guys,
      Apologies in advance if this has been covered or is in the wrong place.

I feel as if my development from playing poker has hit a plateau at the moment and was thinking of taking a small break and learning some strategies etc from books.
      My question here is, what are the books which the community here would recommend?

Cheers :f_cool:
  • 6 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      What stakes are you playing? One of my favorites when i started out was "Crushing the Microstakes". It's a good book to start out with.

The latest ones i've gotten were "Applications of NLHE" by Matthew Janda, "Exploitive NLHE", and "Polished Poker Vol. 1". That one was a free download, but has some good stuff in it.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Calzo94,

We actually have our own book section. You can check it out here.

Regards

Laz
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Thanks guys, I'm currently playing the micro stakes for tournaments. Maximum I will play is $11 so I will be sure to check the books recommended and also the book section on this site! :f_grin:

Cheers!
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Every hand revealed is a gr8 read, altho probably dated!

I find that re-reading some basic starter books can refresh your game and eradicate FPS ! (fancy play syndrome)

SabO! :club:
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Thanks Sabo! Maybe just a case of going back to making sure I do the basics and playing from there! Will look to buy something that can hopefully improve my game again! :f_cool:
    • bryanw26
      bryanw26
      Bronze
      Follow the link Lazza61 posted -> First book there (Sit 'n Go Strategy) I can highly recommend. I bought it and it's very well put together and you can learn a lot from it if you are looking to get back into the game.