This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker Books

• Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Hi guys,
      Apologies in advance if this has been covered or is in the wrong place.

I feel as if my development from playing poker has hit a plateau at the moment and was thinking of taking a small break and learning some strategies etc from books.
      My question here is, what are the books which the community here would recommend?

Cheers :f_cool:
  • 6 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      What stakes are you playing? One of my favorites when i started out was "Crushing the Microstakes". It's a good book to start out with.

The latest ones i've gotten were "Applications of NLHE" by Matthew Janda, "Exploitive NLHE", and "Polished Poker Vol. 1". That one was a free download, but has some good stuff in it.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Calzo94,

We actually have our own book section. You can check it out here.

Regards

Laz
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Thanks guys, I'm currently playing the micro stakes for tournaments. Maximum I will play is $11 so I will be sure to check the books recommended and also the book section on this site! :f_grin:

Cheers!
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Every hand revealed is a gr8 read, altho probably dated!

I find that re-reading some basic starter books can refresh your game and eradicate FPS ! (fancy play syndrome)

SabO! :club:
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Thanks Sabo! Maybe just a case of going back to making sure I do the basics and playing from there! Will look to buy something that can hopefully improve my game again! :f_cool:
    • bryanw26
      bryanw26
      Bronze
      Follow the link Lazza61 posted -> First book there (Sit 'n Go Strategy) I can highly recommend. I bought it and it's very well put together and you can learn a lot from it if you are looking to get back into the game.