Why my "non showdown" is going down?

• Berzerekki
      Berzerekki
      Bronze
      I recently started to play poker again in microtakes after having a few months break. I noticed, even though im making money about 2bins/session. My Non showdown graph is going down. Is it just that im too tight and folding too often hands or what? :o

I read somewhere that someone had the same thing? :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Berzerekki...
      The descending NSD line is usually due to the blinds.

It might also be that you don't get to showdown with marginal hands -- well done, you!

In any event, the line you need to watch is the total.
      If you try to mess with your play just to get your NSD up, your other line will suffer.

For details, see this excellent post by w34z3l -- one of our coaches.
      "The Red Line Myth" by w34z3l

All the best,
      --VS
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      If yr playing micros then you need to remember that most players are quite tight and only value bet strong hands. Thus you can profitably fold to aggression in most spots. This gives you a bad red line but as long as yr winning overall who cares eh? :)
      You only need to worry if you feel that you are being exploited by good aggressive players. These are few and far between at the micros.
    • Berzerekki
      Berzerekki
      Bronze
      Well yeah :)

After analysing a bit i see that i fold usually trash cards at the blinds and i play pretty straight forward at the micros. Fold on donk river bets after flush or straight draw completed. etc. Mostly people has the nuts there and about 5-10% are bluffing at that point.

But good to hear! I dont have nothing to worry about. Green line is going up so lets keep up that :f_cool: