Tips on playing AA

• Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I seriously need some help with it. I got 23 AA in 5k hands and I lost around 280BB with it. I'm seriously starting to hate my aces T.T Any tips on playing aces on micros? I even started 3Betting aces against guys who have 90+% fold to 3Bet, because I got crushed by super random hands.
  • 13 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      put away the hud, always 3bet
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by jules97
      put away the hud, always 3bet
      not a good advice.

Tip: adjust to table dynamics. do not consider only one single villain, other players also matter, i.e. if someone squeezes a lot you can call and expect 3bet, and then you can back-raise and expect aggressor to stack off lighter. :)
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hi

first of all 23 hands is not a big sample maybe you are getting unlucky..
      second NEVER hate your Aces cause it is the most hand that makes money at poker :)

the strategy with Aces is Sample at micros :

almost always 3bet PF...the easiest and 100% makes money line ;)

2bet Pot :
      your plan is : bet/bet/bet (DONT SLOW PLAY) and fold to any kind of raises !
      JUST FOLD WHEN THEY RAISE YOU on turn + river
      if they raise OTF and you feel that he can bluff or raise with worse call flop and re-evaluate turn :if he bets again big and FAST just fold the turn .

3bet pot : again bet/bet/bet
      and shove if they raise the flop unless he is a NIT like 16/14 make a cry
      fold because you will see a lot of sets
      and if they raise you on the turn and there is draws just jam/call because they raise their draws a lot here cause they feel committed

OTT if he is passive on dry board and he raises just fold

hope that will help you ..

Cheers !
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Not strange at all why u loose money, allways 3bet. Only dont 3bet if u want to balance vs a very very very good player. If u dont 3bet u will never cooler people with KK or even QQ/AK. If u allways stack of with KK preflop and flat AA preflop, u will loose.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      I was thinking about a concrete situation, I was in BU with AA, CO tried to steal blinds with around 40/30 stats and 90%+ fold to 3Bet. I don't make a habit of flatting with AA, I need a good reason to do so.
    • ZeDawning
      ZeDawning
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balonger93
      I was thinking about a concrete situation, I was in BU with AA, CO tried to steal blinds with around 40/30 stats and 90%+ fold to 3Bet. I don't make a habit of flatting with AA, I need a good reason to do so.
      In this specific situation, it is more +EV to flat than 3betting. You are IP too which makes playing AA all that more easier.
      Ofc by flatting you are making it more attractive for blinds to come in too.
      But you'll make more money playing postflop - most likely calling him down. As long as you don't overplay AA postflop, flatting>3B in EV.

When an opponent has a 90% F3B then 3bet the top of your folding range and flat premiums IP imo (ofc you can be exploited, but I dont expect micro players to readjust).
    • noobis667
      noobis667
      Bronze
      Post hands and general dont go crazy if pll show aggressive when you bet.I mean lets say you open AA from mp 100bb deep 6m tables and go heads up with co Jxx you c bet he calls K on turn you bet he reraise you=fold!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Don't play big pots, you always lose big pots and win small pots with AA.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      some proof from 100k hands database (my database nl5)

AA 3betting 99,3% cbetting 82% time
      winning 1239bb/100 hands

so conclusion:
      Play aggresssive!!!

:f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      So what, should u check the flopr or something? Ur missing value here i think. U should get 3 streets of value.
    • omar6627
      omar6627
      Bronze
      AA are over-rated
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      First of all, balonger, what limits do you play and what stack size do you play?????

These are essential factors. Without them, we can't give you a reasonable answer.

Regardless, your only play with AA is raise. The only exception to this was mentioned above. If you have an aggro squeezer in to act behind you you MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, flat call once in a while. To be honest though, this is an ambitious play at best, something I would rarely do, and usually only in tournaments.

Just raise. Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise Raise.

As Doyle Brunson said, if he's gonna beat your AA, then he's got to beat your AA.
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Shit, this is a really old thread...