LOL - and its not me

• Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Hi.

Just to share some of my experince with you guys. I have to many (down)swings
      myself for example for past 2 days i was playing on party poker. I have deposited 75 eur and managed to to 400 eur in about 9 hours of play. I played NL200 and NL100 full ring like I always do SSS. I was doing really well and thought this time it would be difrent than other times but beeep. It always the same like party does not want me to advance-LOL. So the 3rd day I went to play a session like I intended. I start 2 tables NL200 and 2 of NL100. I start to play so for about an hour there is no action I fold every hand been a lot of times oop with AJs,KTs,QJs and some pps below 88-so I din't play those hands. After a big while i start to get AKs,AQs JJ+ in position and of course playing them like I was tought by great Pokerstrategy team. So now I get about 2 callers to my raises and my cbets , 2nd barells, flop pushes were called instantly by people having more than 100bb stack or there there. And the problem is i never won a single hand - LOL. So i take a break and breathe in deep and go back behind the tables. This time 2 tables NL200. And the story is the same i got few folds and double up 2 times once on each table and then JJ in position I raise get called and flushed out. So I lost my bankroll again- I don go below NL100 because I hate lower limits than NL100 its even worse. Now I was sucked out for about 5th time on party is like when I hit the barier of 400 eur I get a massive downswing in return or -1 variable. My only good limit was NL1000 full ring SSS which I played for few days and cashed out 1300eur in early summer. So my good hands turn into trash or are made and beaten. I would really be thankfull if someone could give me some advice how to get past that. Should I stop playing for about a week so RNG forgets me alittle bit or what how did You do it to climb to 10k or more in a short period of time not 6months. I am in a dead end. So please coaches,pros show me the light out of this dark circle. I play good poker and get cracked one to many times...

Thank You
  • 24 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi agiz19,

Playing with no BRM will end in you loosing your roll 99% of the time. The "swings" you are having, are not "huge". They just seem huge because you loose all your money. If you can't grind the lower limits, then quit. You are just wasting alot of money playing the way you do.

BRM is an absolute must, and you have a better chance of earning money, with little chance of going broke.

If you are unable to play the lower limits, then you need to work on your mental approach. If you are not willing to learn and take this advice, quit, before poker and gambling ruins your life.

Thats what you are, your a gambler. Which is a problem. Visit gamble aware

Regards,
      Stiev
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Hi aquiz19,

I used to do some things similar to you in the past. From time to time I'd decide to play some Nl200 SH BSS with like an 800$ roll...it's just stupid because I thought I was giving myself a chance to 'move up quickly', but in reality all I was doing was shooting myself in the foot.

After loosing my entire 1k roll, I slapped my self in the face and decided to learn a little discipline. Since then I restarted with 50$ and am now climbing through the limits following solid BRM. My progress has been far better than anything I could have achieved by playing too high without the appropriate roll.

The only way you'll ever get your '10k roll' or whatever is by starting close to the bottom and moving up from there. You've got to change your mentality if you want to succeed.

I'd wish you good luck, but if you play right you won't need it ;)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You were also taught something else by the Great Pokerstrategy Team, that is to not do what you just did.

"How do I climb to 10k in short time not like 6 months" just.. wtf, get real :evil:
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      You were also taught something else by the Great Pokerstrategy Team, that is to not do what you just did.

"How do I climb to 10k in short time not like 6 months" just.. wtf, get real :evil:
      6 month? You kidding?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hm?
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      first of all cannell555 i am not a gambler because i don't hope for every f*** hand i get continuosly i play good poker and don't play like a gambler but like poker strategy player with a downswing every two days. u never seen me play so dont be to smart, okay. next 400 eur is about 600 dollars so if i am playing NL100 sss with 20 dollars in i have for 30 buyins einstein and it is a adequte bankroll for playing this limit calculate a little. And if i play Nl200 i have for 12 buyins so I NEVER SAID I PLAY BSS so I HAVE SOME little COUSHIN...and I never gamble, and i never said i play only nl200 it is maybe a table or two not 12!!! What do you think I go on a table with my entire bankroll you are so wrong. And moderator cuz your so GREAT dont judge people by questions and curiosity because in the end you are the gambler- I follow your f***** charts read almost all articles and play a lot of hands with your theory + I see you are here only a few months so... AND DOWN A LIMIT - how many times have you gone down a limit?? what is your roll?? DOn't be f***** rude to pokerstrategy members if someone needs help to better their play dont be such an idiot - help dont judge!! Or be quiet and let someone else say smth smart!!

So okay guess I need for 200 buyins will be satisfiying??or more??

And you Fongie...You need some piece of brain to repair so you wont get all things wrong!! Evolve fish!!- and i didnt ask how can I climb but HOW DID YOU PEOPLE HERE WHICH HAVE not you silly little man!!!

So stay out of posts that are not for you!

GGGeorgio...I play right and luck is still needed-what is you roll which limits do you grind?

Thank you for a wonderfull support!!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Nice guy :tongue:

I think most of these "good" people you refer to would have a much bigger bankroll on those limits. Especially for SSS.

If you phrased things better you might not get these answers: how about this sentence
      "And the story is the same i got few folds and double up 2 times once on each table and then JJ in position I raise get called and flushed out. So I lost my bankroll again"

Well, how can one interpret this besides you playing with no management whatsoever.. You say you lost your bankroll by losing to a flush (not an uncommon occurence...)

Put some more time into your next post please so it can't be misintepretated again, for your own sake ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi agiz19,

I didn't mean to be offensive to you, but....

Playing a limit with 12 buyins is very wrong. Its gambling, FACT. If you bust a roll, then you aren't moving down limits, so your mental approach is wrong. Have you ever thought that you aren't playing good poker? Maybe what you think is good poker, is actually is bad.

You've just spat your dummy out. I am telling you the true facts. If you just want to insult me when i'm telling you, then you aren't going to get any further help.

Why am I the gambler? I have a fairly big roll, and never risk it with bad decisions. Why does it matter how long i've been on this site? What do you mean, "i'm down a limit"?

You said, "dont be rude to pokerstrategy members". I wasn't rude, I was just telling it like it is. The truth hurts. Also "moderator cuz your so GREAT", like WTF? Although I moderate the forums, I still have the right to put forward my views. Moderating is a voluntary job, so if I want to reply to a subject like this, I WILL. Period!

Denial is a horrible thing. Wake up and relise you have alot to learn. You asked for advice, and I gave my advice. If you don't like it or choose to accept it, then thats your decision.

I will add, I am not speeking for pokerstrategy. This is my own views, and should not be seen as a statement from pokerstrategy.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Is pushing to a raise and one caller pf in position with QQ+ wrong or bad play or bad decision?
      is reraising AK,AQs pf in position wrong or bad play or bad decision?
      Is betting 2/3 pot with TPTK or SET or nut flush draw wrong or bad play?

when i lose i lose with a good hand not some missed trash.

look I play like was tought here its just looks like i dont have so much luck like you do...Plus i never played only nl200 so in combination still i have for some 20 buyins roll...

so please cannell give advice and not your "offensive" facts you are here to help and not discourage other players who are learning. I never said i am the master but i am not bad also.

Gambling is pushing with T3o, flat calling any pair, hoping for flush with one card and not even nut, playing a calling station style and not playing sss with 20-30 buyins. "Playing a limit with 12 buyins is very wrong" - I agree with that but it is not gambling - when you push AK oop in late stage of tournament is gamblig.

Now listen for one time! I am not insulting you!

Fongie fongie learn how to understand what was written not just read it...

Keep your good work.

regards,

AGIZ
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      How about you try to understand what's been written? ;)

Playing a limit with too small a bankroll is, in fact, as cannell specifically wrote, gambling. That is because you cannot account for downswings, which do happen EVEN IF YOU PLAY PERFECTLY... There is something fundamental that you haven't understood about poker. You can easily lose 12 buy-ins in SSS, I have done it myself. But I didn't lose all my money because of this, because I had the sense to manage my bankroll, and this is why you're gambling and I'm not.

Even if you push with KK it doesn't mean you're going to win the hand. Oh and, reraising with AQs is not basic SSS.

I suggest you go read the basic articles regarding SHC SSS and BRM. This is not an insult either.. if you do this and follow the basics you will be a better player. I'd also suggest playing on lower limits, because you have obviously not understood the complete basics and playing at NL100 and NL200 requires more advanced knowledge (advanced SSS) which you cannot understand until you've mastered the basics..
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      imo 30 buyins is not enough to play SSS.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

OK, let me simplify this.

Taking shots at the next limit with 12 buyins = bad BRM, wrong mentality, a few suckouts and we are broke. END OF, no if or buts....

Saying "when i lose i lose with a good hand not some missed trash" = you will get beat by worse hands, that is why on the slightly higher limits, we use 50ish buyin BRM. = Wrong mentality.

Not being able to accept you are wrong = wrong mentality, resulting in constant failure.

Not being able to play lower limits, or move down a limit when your BR gets low = wrong mentality, always leading to failure.

PERIOD!

PLAYING THE WAY YOU DO, IS GAMBLING! You take shots at a limit with 12 buyins, which is taking a risk. A risk is also known as a gamle, you can see where this is going.

It seems you always play with this kind of BRM, as I see you have played nl1000. Just take the advice, that is use a conservative BRM. You wont become a millionaire over night, but you should NEVER go broke. If you are unable to see this, then you'll never improve.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      okay cannell i agree with you from the start i just don't like your attitude. do you understand now- and be more polite.

So fongie i am not a basic player like you - get it! So dont be so smart you have to learn at least as twice as much as I have in past 2 years- I can take you out any time on any limit - just because of your ego cuz you thuink you are so STRONG and DANGEROUS. - and If you are so marvelous why are you using my words against me its so psych defense mechs but obviously you are not that inovative to come up with somthing new just repeating what i said.

so dont even bother saying anything.

Thanks - i will response when I have 2k bankroll. from litlle 50$ hopefully till the end of the year :D or never...

Have anice day and I wish you luck to all!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19 and If you are so marvelous why are you using my words against me its so psych defense mechs but obviously you are not that inovative to come up with somthing new just repeating what i said.
      Why do I have to make up things when all the errors are right there in your own words? I wonder who's the one with a big ego here... congrats on deciding to follow the nr1 basic article, even though you're so mighty and advanced! :tongue:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

I still dont see how my attitude was bad tbh. If it was a non-moderator, would you think it was bad? Again I will add, I am a normal member of this site, its just that I moderate a small part of the forum (SnG, Coaching reviews, general discussion, and the internal forum for coaches only). So I dont see how I should change my attitude.

I did add, that it is my personal comment, and nothing to do with PokerStrategy.

I'll end my participation in this thread with a quote from jackass....

Stern, stern but fair!
      Stiev
    • Ruleza
      Ruleza
      Silver
      1. PS should do ID checks 100% of the time
      2. Get yourself together
      3. Don't be rude to people who are here to help you.
      4. Stop playing SSS or poker entirely, it is clearly not meant for you.

I wont reply to any post containing an insult against me. I just have the feeling you are way over your head and are so arrogant. You dont take the time to make a decent post that is understandable. You should really review your attitude.

I suggest you try reading some of Levinas' books. I think this will help you understand how life works.

Regards

Marc
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      WOW Agiz19, I am really taken back by your attitude. I dont find the responses rude in the least. From what I can tell they are constructive criticism. You clearly undermine you arguements on BRM and therefore prove their points about gambling. The only rude comments from any of the posts that I noticed was you comments littered with profounity. Word of advice, to be taken seriously dont include the F word in every sentence. You should really read the psych articles. If you get that upset that easily I would hate to see you on tilt (unless you are at my table).

And lastly the comment on sentence composition and grammatical errors is bang on. Within one sentence you try to mention 5 different points before you have concluded the first. And this is not a language barrier issue, if english is not your first language.

What astounds me is you have been playing for 2 years!!! I have only been playin poker for 1.5 yrs period, online for less than a year, and I can clearly see many gaps in your skill.

Patience is a virtue and the most important skill for a poker player. Second is keeping your cool. Third is knowing what cards to play.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by phpps
      Patience is a virtue and the most important skill for a poker player. Second is keeping your cool. Third is knowing what cards to play.
      this is very well said. nice one :) .
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by phpps
      this is very well said. nice one :) .
      damn right. i agree