Cashing Out

• t1g3r
      t1g3r
      Bronze
      Hi There Everyone.

Just want to get some people's views on cashing out, now i play Fixed Limit Holdem Full Ring at 0.25/0.50 Level. and i run well at this level. What i would like to discuss is do any of you guys cash out a certain percentage each time or just cash out what you need when you need it while keeping to the bankroll management.
  • 8 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I withdraw 0.5 BB/100 hands after every day's session no matter if I ran well or bad.
      But I'd advise you to not do that until you reach higher level, because it will just stop you on your way up. If you withdraw $200 on 0.25/0.5 it's 400BB, but it's only 50 on 2/4.. So, wait for limit you're happy with, build bigger bankroll than just advised 300 BB (500 for SH) and withdraw regularly to have some reward for your effort...

good luck!
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      If you don't need the money in life outside of poker I'd say not to cash out much. If you keep learning and progressing then you'll be able to move up the limits faster by not cashing out... then when you get to a high limit you can start cashing out bigger sums!

This is my plan anyways...I think the important thing is that as you're moving up you can't be playing with 'scared money'. If you get to a limit where there's just too much money flying around, then you should probably stop there and cash out some winnings until you feel comfortable moving to the next limit.

Georg
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      If you get to a limit where there's just too much money flying around, then you should probably stop there and cash out some winnings until you feel comfortable moving to the next limit.

Georg
      Great advice! :)
      that's what I am trying to do atm...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      This is my plan anyways...I think the important thing is that as you're moving up you can't be playing with 'scared money'. If you get to a limit where there's just too much money flying around, then you should probably stop there and cash out some winnings until you feel comfortable moving to the next limit.

Georg
      I wish I had that problem
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I cash out 30% of my winnings every two weeks. If I'm in some downswing session I'll cash out more next time.
      Example: From 1st to 15th I won $1000. I'll cash out $300.
      If I'm down -$700 in that same time and if I cash in $1200 from 16th to 30th/31st I'm gonna cash out all of my winnings and all I can do is wait a lil bit to climb up to another level.
      This is ok for me.
    • Snuggles666
      Snuggles666
      Bronze
      when i saw the title i just remembered this thread :D

clicky
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snuggles666
      when i saw the title i just remembered this thread :D

clicky