BM for STT 27men

• marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just started to grind(4tab) the 27men on PS 1€ to take a brake from the MTT.
      I decided to invest 200€ in the 1€STT separeting the main BR with the STT one.
      After 3weeks STT BR got to 600€(half the win comes frrom the leaderboard btw).

Speaking with a friend of mine he was telling me that I should get to the next level, the 3€ 27men and that staying in the 1€ with this BR is a leak and I'm loosing €Ev.

Imo to get to the 3€ I need 750€ to be confortable and because it isn't just one step but is actually 2(1€-3€).
      I think it depends also what kind of mentality and mindset you have and some players feel more confident with bigger BR and others don't.

I would like to hear more opinions about this.
      Am I too conscous or my friend is too gambly? And especially do you think that step up 50Bi too late can make a significative difference of €Ev?

Thanks

Regards

Marce
  • 7 replies
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Can someone move it pls.

Sorry just realized it's the wrong place.

Thanks
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey marcepoker17,

In my opinion your friend is right. 300BIs for 27 manners is too conservative. Having said that it would also depend on how much of your BR you want to commit to the 27 manners.

I play 45 manners and use a pretty aggressive BRM of 20BIs for regulars and 30BIs for turbos ( I don't recommend this) I would recommend 50BIs for regs and 75 for turbos.

Regards

Laz

P.S. Moved to the "Sit and Go Tournaments" board
    • raise2much
      raise2much
      Bronze
      I think if you dont have any problems moving down a limit you should start shooting higher limits asap.

It will not be a huge skill gap between €1-3 buyin level you will have tons of fish at both limits.

But if you feel uncomfortable and playing scared money then it obv better to to have a bigger roll when u move up.

But i think every players goal should be to use an aggro brm to move up from micros and then be more conservative at higher limits.
    • fitzinator18
      fitzinator18
      Basic
      using your own logic, you had 200BI for €1 limits but wont move up with 200BI for €3 limits. i'd move up if i were you. and im pretty conservative with BRM myself
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Ok, so I'm definitly too conservative with my BM, I will change it and give it a shot.

Lazza thaks for moving, and I do have all the BR to invest in the STT.
      (wow 20bi is really little, never had a bad swing?)

raise2much no, I don't have any problems to move down (the problem is the opposite from what I'm reading here :) :) :) ) Btw I will try to use a more aggr BM, I'll be always in time to move down if it doesn't work, and could be interesting to move levels a bit faster!

fitzinator Yes, I used that logic because moving two level up(1 to 3€) I was leaving 50Bi as an insurance if the field was harder. But I will try to "loose up".

Thanks everyone for the reply.

Anybody thinks that this is making me loose money or it's just a little leak that makes me go slower in the leveling up?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey marcepoker17,

As raise2much has already said, you need to feel reasonably comfortable about moving up to the next level, otherwise you could become a victim of "Scared Money Syndrome".

You can always take small shots at the next level (say 10BIs). If it works and you feel comfortable then you stay. If it doesn't work or you don't feel comfortable then drop back down.

Good luck and Happy Grinding

Laz
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      You can always take small shots at the next level (say 10BIs). If it works and you feel comfortable then you stay. If it doesn't work or you don't feel comfortable then drop back down.
      This sounds like the best approach to me, let us know how it was, glgl :)