$11,88
      BB:
      $8,78
      CO:
      $11,17
      Hero:
      $10,93

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , T:heart:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) Q:spade: , 9:spade: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,46, Hero calls $0,46.

Turn: ($1,57) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,12, Hero raises to $2,80, BB calls $1,68.

River: ($7,17) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $5,11, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12,28
  • 6 replies
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I r/f the flop here for 2.00$. If he calls and bets the turn I fold if I am unimproved or shove, when I hit my straight or trips.

As played I raise the turn more and call a shove. If he has the flush, he was just lucky.

Why did you fold the river? Did you put him on a set, so that he made the FH?
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Petrificus
      I r/f the flop here for 2.00$. If he calls and bets the turn I fold if I am unimproved or shove, when I hit my straight or trips.

As played I raise the turn more and call a shove. If he has the flush, he was just lucky.

Why did you fold the river? Did you put him on a set, so that he made the FH?
      I put him either on a set or KQ kind of hand, or flush,. I don't beat anything there, easy fold. It's wrong approach "just lucky" btw, what hands do I get value from here??
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      The blinds are loose and you may consider folding preflop too.
      Still bet is good and you have nice playability post flop IP.

RR flop to protect vs. one card draws.
      if he 3 bet you have an easy fold imo

As played only calling turn is maybe better. If you are behind you don't have nothing and if he is drawing you may get some bluff value on the river.

River fold is not so good imo. There is no reason to call two streets with improving your hand and fold to less than pot size bet.

Best regards,
      kukkiwon_BG
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      The blinds are loose and you may consider folding preflop too.
      Still bet is good and you have nice playability post flop IP.

RR flop to protect vs. one card draws.
      if he 3 bet you have an easy fold imo

As played only calling turn is maybe better. If you are behind you don't have nothing and if he is drawing you may get some bluff value on the river.

River fold is not so good imo. There is no reason to call two streets with improving your hand and fold to less than pot size bet.

Best regards,
      kukkiwon_BG
      Thanks! Did I get you right? Turn is pot control and on the river the odds are ok vs his range? Isn't it -EV to give free card to any spade on the turn?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      If you RR and he call on the turn you will have hard time folding 2/3 bet on the river and this will cost your money
      And I thing that he will bet a lot of worst hand on the river as a bluff
      You have a showdown value and smaller river bet will be nice imo
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Not sure, but I would either call turn, call river or re-raise turn to 4$ and call any river shove (unless last card would be spade).
      Don´t like min-raise turn- if he has set then he get good odds, and if he has flush then he can shove and you have to call.