OMAHA expectations

• drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Hi, I would like to know what can I realistically expect from PLO or Omaha hi/lo.

How long does it take to be a winning player, playing on average 2 hours per day?
      What would be a good winrate for a newbie and how bad would I be cut by rake.
      Which way can I get that large rake back? Play NLHE SNG Hypers?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Your questions are really hard to answer. Some learn PLO (or other poker variants) quickly, some will never learn it. Your expected winnings can be anything from losing your bankroll to making millions.

I need to point out that "playing 2 hours per day" won't make you a winning player, perhaps ever. You need to study, learn and practise. Playing itself doesn't really improve you that much.

Rakeback stuff is so poker room related that you need to specify your stakes and poker room before anyone can answer. In terms of raking, PLO is a good way to generate lots of rake (and pay lots of rake too).
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      So, what would you advise in terms of daily studying/playing time?

In terms of rakeback, I would for pokerstars since is where the volume is, and starting from PLO2.

What i mean by this is:
      I know that PS takes 25% of pot for micro stakes with a 0.30 CAP, but for micro stakes should i do anything else other than play PLO or omaha hi/lo. Or just wait until get to higher stakes (plo25 or plo50)?

Regards
    • NoNameNLRNMD
      NoNameNLRNMD
      Basic
      How long does it take to be a winning player, playing on average 2 hours per day?
      It is really player depended. You already have a good history with general poker? You are a quick learner? How many hours can you put in?

What would be a good winrate for a newbie and how bad would I be cut by rake?
      Do not know much about rake and rakeback etc because it is really depended on the website. But dont look at the winrate first. Learn the game by learning the theory and bij using the theory during your play. Play 1 or 2 tables at the same time, so you can focus on what is going on instead of playing lots of hands.
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      PmagicLchocoOballs
      Bronze
      Expect mental breakdown :D

1. Study game get to know odds etc.
      2. Play/study 1:1
      3. Dont break down crying
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      ^ Sums it up well :f_eek: