Anyone tried one of those 10'' Notebooks?

• Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      I just thought about buying one of those so-called Netbooks with a 8.9''-10'' display, because I'm soo bored during my lunch break at work :D Has anybody tried playing poker using HEM/PT/PO on one of them? I guess 4 tables would be no problem with a resolution of 1024x600.

e.g. here are the specifications of the Asus Eee PC 1000H

• Model name: Eee PC 1000H
      • Display: 10'' (WSVGA 1.024 x 600)
      • CPU: Intel® Atom(TM) 1.6 GHz
      • RAM: 1024 MB DDR2 RAM
      • HDD: 160 GB S-ATA 5400 U/min
      • Intel® mobile chipset with onboard graphics
      • 10/100 Mbit NIC
      • Bluetooth & WLAN 802.11b/g/n
      • Integrated 1.3mp web-/video cam
      • High-Definition audio, integrated stereo speakers & microphone
      • 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x VGA Out, 1 x Audio in, 1 x Audio Out, RJ-45,
      • Card Reader: SD, MMC (SDHC)
      • Weight: ~1.5 kg
      • Dimensions: 266 x 191.2 x 28.538mm

Price would be €400,-

It would also be interesting if the onboard graphics feed my 19'' widescreen tft when at home.
  • 16 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      i'd go for beter configuration for sure.. If you only want to play poker, don't think about graphic card (integrated is more than enough even with external monitor) and choose more RAM and faster CPU too (is it dualcore?).

But you have to forget about multitabling :D
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      that's the point in netbooks, there's no space for much better configuration :D normally you only got 4-12GB flash drives in it, so the 120GB S-ATA hdd is pretty nice. but amazon offers a 2GB Kingston RAM chip for € 25,- in addition.

i don't think it's dualcore since it is intel's smallest CPU and amongst other things designed for being excessively low-current.

it's not for primary use - just like a uber nintendo ds i'd like to play poker on when i'm on the way or while being on the throne :D
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You will have no problem running anything on it. I was playing 12 tables/with stats on a similar coniguration and had no problems running winamp and downloading at the same time. Those things are quite more powerfull than you think. The little screen is compensated by a pretty long battery life(around 4 hours). My primary pc is a 19` notebook with uber config and my battery life is an hour, sometimes less :)
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      my 15inchlaptop got the same configuration but not the 120Gb, only 40Gb :(

poker works for me 4-tabling with elephantstats but with nothing else together while i'm playing,

when uploading HH's, he's always on 100% CPU (also 3times he just fellt out because he was gettin to hot while uploading a large database)

Elephant requires more power then pokertracker but i defenitely would not buy that minilaptop for 400€ ;)
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      Alright, I just got myself a Samsung NC10 and for those who may be interested in buying one themselves, it's just w00t :D
      Multitabling works fine, even with the desktop extended on my 19'' WXGA running Opera, Miranda, PT3 (still ain't got a HEM license...) + 4 FT tables and several other programs the CPU & GPU are working at their best.

After the first battery test it lasted for 5hrs (backlight 100%, CPU automatic, surfing the internet and chatting via Skype/ICQ/MSN). That's pretty awesome imo.

@opal
      The point why the GPU does matter at all is that the table overlay comes straight from the graphic card, I tried 4-tabling on my old desktop pc (32MB onboard) using PT2+PAHUD... even with a refresh rate of every 25 hands it was horrible.
    • neurotikki
      neurotikki
      Global
      I have samsung nc10 too, its very nice on traveling, 8 tables same time goes if you got good eyes :D
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      should be good for replacing this:

• Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      If I cant multitable i would be bored and start losing money :( , so 15.4" is the smallest notebook at which I would play poker. But if you are playing HU, 10" is perfect. Its powerful enough for music+1/2 table+tracking software :D
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I could have 16 tables on my screen without a problem.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

But you have to forget about multitabling :D
      Unless he stacks!! :D thats how i 20 table on my 13'' laptop :D
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      I don´t want start a new thread so

is there anybody who has an Asus eee pc ??

I have a great offer for this notebook(cca $100) I am wondering if you can tile 4 tables on fulltilt on that 10inch monitor. On whatever resolution..

thank you very much
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      I have an older 9.1" 904H EEE PC and I'm pretty sure you can tile 4 ftp tables (and stars for that matter). Some other sites that can't reduce the size of their windows but much won't be able to tho.

Will check in the evening when I get back home. Might also run HEM to see if it works, because the processing power of those things is rly bad (904 has the same configuration as 1000, except the smaller screen. I also have 2GB ram instead of 1 and Celeron processor as however strange it seems 900hz Celeron outperforms 1.6Ghz Atom)
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      thank you very much battlehunter

and please, let me know when you check that
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      the only 10.1" netbook which might get my money is the Nokia Booklet 3G.

Checkout the configurations of this baby:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/mini-laptops

it is durable, with 12 hours of battery life, made by nokia.

i would like to support them so that they can get into that business ; )

in 4-5 months when the price drops a bit I am going for it.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I got the acer timeline 3810T last year which has 13.3' but a really long lasting battery - >10 hours and it did cost me just 550€.
      well.. 550€ in amazon vouchers from pokerstars - saved long for that one...
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Sry for the wait, didn't manage to come back home last night =(

Aaanyway, here is how it looks on actually 8,9" 1024x600 resolution

There is no lag whatsoever.