Coral Poker shutting down Belgian accounts

• Smoggert
      Dear ####,

Please be advised that Coral has regretfully taken the decision to cease taking any business through it's websites from Belgian residents with immediate effect. Belgian residents will no longer be able to transact with our websites and all accounts held by Belgian residents will be closed on Monday 28th April 2014.

I received this mail on 24th of April, I had not yet made a deposit but had a (for me ) nice amount of € on it.

I proceeded by making a tiny deposit to get my money.
      I have also quickly sent my documents required for verfication, but was told that it could take up to 72 hours.

In other words, Coral poker has given me a 4 day period to get my money. And they take up 3 days in which they might be able to verify my existence.

I would expect atleast a 30 day pre-emptive warning on these kinds of measures.

P.S. : I have contacted customer support in the hopes of speeding up verfication ... one can only hope.
  • 2 replies
      Good luck Smoggert,

I would hope there would be some leniency in cases like this :)

Kind regards,
    • Smoggert
      Little status update, managed to get verified within 12 hrs of sending in the required documents, and have since been able to withdraw all my funds.

When you mention the Belgian issue the supports seem to be OK with speeding up the process.

Still a bit flustered by the sudden termination, but at least the Coral Poker support team is handling the situation professionaly :)