Starting out

• LordOafy
      This may be very un-hip but I'm looking to start out with full-ring, fixed limit Hold-em, one table, $1-2 where I can get a reasonable game without getting beaten-up. Most places I look only offer 6 player, or the full ring tables are empty. The guys at Pokerstars keep taking my money from me. Just want to learn :-)
  • 2 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey LordOafy,

Welcome to :)

Sadly, full ring games are diminishing everywhere. There are some very soft $1.50 36 man FLHE 6 max SnGs on Pokerstars.

Why don't you take advantage of one of our free poker money offers. This way if you do get beaten up, it won't cost you any of your hard earned cash.

This will give you bronze status which opens up more strategy and videos. You can get an overview of our strategy articles by clicking the graphic at the bottom of my post.

If you have any questions at all, then don't hesitate to ask.

• Harrier88
      Fixed Limit is often considered a dying format, I don't think you'll find decent traffic outside of Pokerstars.

Why do you want to start out with $1/$2 tables anyway? Those are pretty high stakes for a beginner.