$100,000K Privilege Freerolls - Chrome Status

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I'm playing $1.50 FR Hyper SNGs right now. After 186 tournaments my "ROI% Adjusted" is 4.15 and my "ROI%" is 2.69.

I've achieved Chrome Star for the month. One apparent advantage of Chrome Star is this:
      "ChromeStar VIPs and above: purchase 100K Privilege Freeroll tickets from the VIP Store at a cost of zero Frequent Player Points (FPPs)."

My question is this: Is it worth while for someone to play in these Free Rolls, or is it likely better money just to keep playing my game of choice ($1.50 Hyper SNGs)? :s_confused:

I'm assuming that the purpose of Chrome Status and these freerolls is to encourage Fish to spew money, more so than be of any value to serious players.

Thanks.

Edit: Maybe a mod should move this thread into the Pokerstars forum.
  • 7 replies
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Navrark
      I'm playing $1.50 FR Hyper SNGs right now. After 186 tournaments my "ROI% Adjusted" is 4.15 and my "ROI%" is 2.69.

I've achieved Chrome Star for the month. One apparent advantage of Chrome Star is this:
      "ChromeStar VIPs and above: purchase 100K Privilege Freeroll tickets from the VIP Store at a cost of zero Frequent Player Points (FPPs)."

My question is this: Is it worth while for someone to play in these Free Rolls, or is it likely better money just to keep playing my game of choice ($1.50 Hyper SNGs)? :s_confused:

I'm assuming that the purpose of Chrome Status and these freerolls is to encourage Fish to spew money, more so than be of any value to serious players.

Thanks.

Edit: Maybe a mod should move this thread into the Pokerstars forum.

O.K lets look at this a little differently.
      1-They don't cost anything to enter so unless you are willing to rebuy for $.30 there is no spewing of money.
      2-They are a great way to learn MTT strategy.
      3-If you get lucky and bink one of these you get an instant bankroll.
      4-They take around 4-5 hours to play so that is reasonable.
      5-Ask yourself what do you prefer to play and where do you want to be in a month or year from now and then act accordingly.
      I still play them every once in a while as a cool down after a long day of playing where I can just go crazy and tilt off some chips without hurting my actual bankroll.
      Good Luck
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Navark,

I've tried playing them a few times and found them to be horrible. Freeroll with.30c unlimited rebuys and a field of freshly deposited players makes for a super aggro crapshoot.

I think you said it better than I did actually. :tongue:

And I've moved it to the PokerStars board.

Regards

Laz
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Can´t do any harm playing them. Start extremly aggressive and don´t rebuy. Either you have a big stack after ten minutes or else there is no point wasting any more time.

You have to get rather high up in the price list to get any real value.

It is easier to get into the real money than the pokerschool online tournaments. Som it is much more fun. But I magine that if you are an experienced tournament-player you will make more dollars by the hour playing regular tournaments.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      play around 30 this tour since january n managed to reach FT table once... I never rebuy, why on earth u wanna rebuy this game?

Finished 8th with my QQ vs AQ = 34452 board all in pre. Won $14 after playing 5 hours...

My opinion only top3 really make money... i didnt play this game after the FTable game due to small $$$ prize to NON top3. Better i concentrate to my zoom table...
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Navrark,

I say go for it if it runs in the same time you grind- adding one table should not be a problem, and if you don't rebuy- you can just win, can't lose. :) Seems like a nice deal imo. :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheMarxBros3

O.K lets look at this a little differently.
      1-They don't cost anything to enter so unless you are willing to rebuy for $.30 there is no spewing of money.
      2-They are a great way to learn MTT strategy.
      3-If you get lucky and bink one of these you get an instant bankroll.
      4-They take around 4-5 hours to play so that is reasonable.
      5-Ask yourself what do you prefer to play and where do you want to be in a month or year from now and then act accordingly.
      I still play them every once in a while as a cool down after a long day of playing where I can just go crazy and tilt off some chips without hurting my actual bankroll.
      Good Luck
      LoL, good advice! They cost nothing so no loss if you lose.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Navark,

I've tried playing them a few times and found them to be horrible. Freeroll with.30c unlimited rebuys and a field of freshly deposited players makes for a super aggro crapshoot.

I think you said it better than I did actually. :tongue:

And I've moved it to the PokerStars board.

Regards

Laz
      Thanks!

Originally posted by Justin37
      play around 30 this tour since january n managed to reach FT table once... I never rebuy, why on earth u wanna rebuy this game?

Finished 8th with my QQ vs AQ = 34452 board all in pre. Won $14 after playing 5 hours...

My opinion only top3 really make money... i didnt play this game after the FTable game due to small $$$ prize to NON top3. Better i concentrate to my zoom table...
      That's a disappointing result for 5 hours of work...

Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Hi Navrark,

I say go for it if it runs in the same time you grind- adding one table should not be a problem, and if you don't rebuy- you can just win, can't lose. :) Seems like a nice deal imo. :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
      Good point. As long as you don't let it distract you from your regularly scheduled games, something good could happen while playing.

Originally posted by Svinhugg
      Can´t do any harm playing them. Start extremly aggressive and don´t rebuy. Either you have a big stack after ten minutes or else there is no point wasting any more time.

You have to get rather high up in the price list to get any real value.

It is easier to get into the real money than the pokerschool online tournaments. Som it is much more fun. But I magine that if you are an experienced tournament-player you will make more dollars by the hour playing regular tournaments.
      This is the best advice, I think. Try to double, triple and quadruple up early. If you do, keep playing. Otherwise just sit out. Since it costs nothing, this is a really good strategy!