[NL2-NL10] NL10SH 9Ts

• Petrificus
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,40, Hero raises to $1,20, BU calls $1,20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,95) 9:spade: , 8:club: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

Turn: ($6,95) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,47, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10,42

Looking back I would have just called the raise, cause 9T is good in a multiway pot; but I was a little bit surprised, that the BU coldcalls a 3bet, even if he is a station.
      Should I in general stop these light 3bet's with suited connectors?
  • 2 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      RR with SC on this limit seem bad vs the MP3 guy
      You may fold and you may call.

You must be sure in your post flop play to see flop with big pot with SC.
      But still this is the idea here. To learn :)

Donk bets is bad vs 2 players with GS and second pair
      check/call and playing turn with more information is better

As played turn fold is good. There is no +EV here to play with one pair and no kicker in a big pot OOP

You will find better spots to stack them

On this limit light 3Bet are not so well payed
      Stick to better hands and position
      Let the other work to the villains

Best regards,
    • srohack
      mp3 seems a nit and his range is preaty tight even from mp3 . raising is not bad and you will get the pot a lot preflop from the nit but you have to take into consideration the players to act behind you . BTN + sb are calling stations with big stack and are probably realy likely to call your raise and you will have big trouble into taking the pot from them if you dont hit
      calling is much better because this way btn and sb (who are fish) will call aswell for sure and you will be creating a multyway pot ( that is very nice when you have a suited connector)
      as played i would try to check it down and give up to resistence. i am not cbeting because the board hits his range hard and he will look you up too light