Turbo Gay Story

• Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Firstly i should apologize for my bad english. I'm from Poland, and one of reason why i decide to start blog is to get better in this, but more about this later.

:spade: About me:

Probably no one cares, but i'll try to write short story about me. My name is Maciek i'm 23 years old and like i said i'm from Poland. I finished economic high school couple years ago, and after that i ended in McDonald's !!! ( Everyone says you should do in your life what you like, and i like burgers !!! ). It wasnt that bad... "my" restaurant was 5min from my home, and i was earning amazing ~3,5$/h !!! Meanwhile my fried showed me poker, but at start i just playing for fun and lost all of my 50$ no deposit bonus at pokerstars. After couple weeks or months i decide to deposit ~15$, and playing 6max cashes. I moved up to nl50 and shooting nl100, but still i was treating this like an extra cash. Some day i get into a beed whit my director, and i quit the job. It was 2 yers ago, and since this time im only earning comeing from poker. Sad true is mostly i was playing donk volume like 50-60hours/month, and this blog gonna help me to change my mindset and grinding almost avery day.

:heart: About poker:

As i said i was playing cashes, but it is a past. I'm playing 6max hyper SNG's at low stakes ( 7$, and shooting 15$ ). Unfortunately every shoot at 15's i'm ending like 50bi under EV. This month i was shooting them twice, and results are below

Last shoot was yesterday-today, and now i feeling like shit whit this. I know i can easly beat them, but i cant play them any more becouse of variance. Of course there is harder, and my roi is not the highest but still it should be more then 0. I gonna grind hard 7's where i feel like i'm crushing, but still running bad... My real roi is about 2-3%, but EV is 5 over ~15k SNGs. I truely belive someday i'll start running well ( i don't mind to get back my 250bi ( ~under ev ), but not increase this number any more ).

:club: My goals:

*** Playing 120h+ every month

This is the core of this blog. My biggest weaknes was spending to much time on doing shit, and i'm writing WAS, becouse this is past. I used to waching 5+ movies per week, playing games etc. Now i already deleted every game on my computer, and my habit to watch movie every night before i go to sleep is gone. April is first month when i moved up with work, and i will do my best to keep it up as long as i can. At the and of the march i decide to do 2 things next month. First was to get platinium on pokerstars, and i made it yesterday

Second was to play at least 100 hours. I will throw some screenshots at the end of April, but for now i already have about 85-90 hours so its pretty sure i gonna make this one too.

*** Get to the highest takes and best $$/h as i'm able

I'm realy glad i already can earn 20$/h, but i want...

Playing 120h for 20$ giveing me opportunity to live good, but poker in my country is illegal... I dont have any medical care or pension, so if i want to do this for long time i need to earn as much is possible. Also i just want to have more money ofc :D

*** Learn English

I know, i suck in this. I need ~2h to write this post. I want to get used to write in english, learn how to build sentences corretly etc. I want to spend some time on study, but more about this in later post, where i gonna write about my may goals.

*** Be heatly

Ok, this is important part too. My lifestyle is realy bad now... I'm eating fast foods ~5 times/week, i'm not doing any exercises or sports. I'm just sitting on my chair in front of my monitor everyday for many hours. It's sick becouse i have some gym stuff, but im just to lazy to do anything. I'm not fat... otherwise, i quite often hear i'm skinny ^^ I have a plan in my head, but i need to order one more thing, and i think i'll start with this in next week. Ofc i'll write about that :)

:diamond: Why Turbo Gay Story ?

No, i'm not gay :f_mad: My friend jokeing at me that i'm turbo-gay becouse i'm playing hyper turbos... I know its stupid, but i'm dont want to loose time on invent fancy name, and i think it's pretty good eye catcher :D

I feel like i missed few things, but i'm tired for now. It's just beginning, and if i remind something important i'll definitely write about that in next posts.

Finnaly i want to apologize one more time for my bad English, and any corrects are welcome. Regards
  • 18 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Maciek,

Welcome to the English blogs. :)

Gotta admire someone who grinds hyper 6 max. The variance and swings are too much for me to take. ?(

GL and happy fishing

Laz
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Maciek,

Welcome to the English blogs. :)

Gotta admire someone who grinds hyper 6 max. The variance and swings are too much for me to take. ?(

GL and happy fishing

Laz
      Thanks, if you are good player you can easly make ~5% roi, and swing are not that bad ( ofc on low stakes ). Now i have biggest downswing in my poker "career" ~200-300bi, but im running break even and just not earning any money :D

Yesterday was another ~20bi under ev day... I cant wait to start crushing like i should. I also break 2000$ under ev this month. Today i should break 100h in april. Two more days including thuseday and this fucking month is over. I hope may will bring me something better ( like 2k$ above EV :D ).

1h ago i made an order on new chair. My current i have since ~2010 and its hard now, and my ass and back hurting a little bit if i siting on it for long hours. This is how gonna look like my new:

Unfortunataly i have to wait for it ~2-3 weeks. I was sittig on it in shop and its so fucking awsome!!! Just cant wait for it too.

I want to stay for couple weeks on 7's becouse im sick of shoting 15's. I'm to scary when i trying to beat them, and i want to build better roll. Also i need to buy new headphones. My current looks like this :D

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Maciekelo,

Welcome to the blogs!

So nice to have a 6max hyper reg over here, I always like that format, and still thinking about taking a shot there.

Wish you a heater very soon, and please keep us updated :)

PS the chair looks great; I'm also looking for one, do you mind sharing the price?

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Hi Maciekelo,

Welcome to the blogs!

So nice to have a 6max hyper reg over here, I always like that format, and still thinking about taking a shot there.

Wish you a heater very soon, and please keep us updated :)

PS the chair looks great; I'm also looking for one, do you mind sharing the price?

Kind regards,
      Fran
      Chair is pretty expensive for me, but i don't want to buy another shit. This why i decide to take more $$ from my roll and buy something solid. It's ~350$.

Yesteday was horrible for me. I wasn't running bad, but everyone had nuts vs me. I was so pissed off, and i couldn't grind as much as i wanted to. I think i need 2-3 days off and dont even touch poker stuff. I have 98 hours played in april now. I going to grind 2 hours today and then chill till end of the weekend. Only thing to do is to make short summary of the month on my blog and write specific goals for may. I also going to post my funny graph :D

Today i bought headphones. They are wireless becouse i hate any kind of cables. I know music will be worse, but i dont care. They were cheap and i wasnt expect to get something amazing in ~50$ price ^^ I just need something comfortable and they supposed to be.
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      *** APRIL SUMMARY ***

Let's start with yesterday. It was disaster... I get crushed in almost every fucking hand ( mostly by premiums ). I saw ~15 AA in first ~30sngs. I so fuking hated this game yesterday. Actually last 5 days ( since shooting 15s ) i was playing bad and running bad. This way my EV winnings doesn't improve and my ev $/h has fall. It doesnt matter that much. Even when i thinked im playing my A/B game, i was unconsciously tilting. This why i need some rest ( away from computer and poker ). Today is first of my three off days. I was in my lot and i was eating barbecue, drinking some beers and lying in the sun. When i get back to home i made long bath and i just fell great right now.

In conclusion april was one of the worstest month in my life. Why?
      :spade: get crushed in poker
      :spade: had very severe smallpox ( high tempeture + hundreds of spots for two weeks )
      :spade: had big problems with my girlfriend ( we are still dateing, but we are not couple any more... its weird situation )
      :spade: i hurted myselft few times ( like step on my belt yesterday... its still hurts me really much )
      etc. etc. I fell like on life downswing or something, but there are some positives too. I made my plan for this month: I have platinium star on p* and i played 100 hours. I get good ev winnings so i fell like solid player. Also i fell much stronger mentaly. I used to have deppressive thoughts when my life fucked up, but now i know i can handle that. I'm still like mental fish ( mainly by my attitude to poker ), but i fell better right now. I have great plans for may and hope it will be better then last month ^^ About my plans i gonna write tomorrow.

Graph:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice EV line sir, you'll hit a heater in no time I'm sure, but 6max hypers can be annoying with their swings I can imagine. Keep up the good work.
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      *** MAY GOALS ***

Hey, yesteday i spent all with my girlfriend and i came back too late to sit and set some gols for next month so im doing this today. It's raining all day and im get bored at home, but still not touching poker. I suposed to go with my girlfriend to her lot, but weather is realy shitly and probably we are going tomorrow, so im taking one more day off ( if i go ). For now i'm not even want to play. This swing has burned me out and i need some time to get motivation again. No matter what, i'm sure i will start may grind at the latest in monday. Here are my goals for this month:

:heart: POKER
      :diamond: Play at least 110h - I want to make progress and play more than in april, but i have less time now coz of my "weekend" now and this why i add only 10 more hours. Im also changeing other parts of my lifestyle so i need time for them too. I dont want to try doing big changes in short time becouse its gonna be to hard for me and i would probably fall.
      :diamond: Study some theory - I dont have idea how to set this goal. Setting time to study is not what i want. Everyday i calculate hands in holdem resources from day before and i still want to do this. Second thing is to watch "Bernardc 6max Hyper Master Class". I have it for few months and never watched from beginning to end. Its ~11hours long so i have what to do ^^

:heart: MINDSET
      :diamond: Analyze myself - I have problems with grinding a lot and i want to change it. I will try to ask myself why im so fishy, and what is most imprtant i will search for answers and solutions. Ofc i will post my thoughts on blog :)
      :diamond: Stop watching resoults - I think this is my main problem. After every session im checking resoults and they are affect on me very much. This is one of thread to analyze too. I want to stop think about money everytime when i grinding and just do my work. This why i let 60-70bi's on stars and i will check it once a week ( sunday nights ). More about it when i post my thoughts about me ( point above ).

:heart: HEALTH
      :diamond: Exercises - As i said few posts earlier i want to start doing some exercises. I bought gym bar and i want to start with this:

This is the simplest calisthenic trening for full body. It should take ~30 minutes and im going to do this training 3 times a week starting in monday. I will post my "MAX" resoults every week, and we will see how it goes.
      :diamond: No more energy drinks - I drink too much of this shit. I still have photos on my phone when i came back to home with ~50 cans becouse there was promotion in market. I know there is almost nothing more toxic than this and i need to stop drink this. I have many bad nutrition habits and i think its good start to make some changes. First step are energy drinks!

:heart: ENGLISH
      :diamond: I decided to dont spend time on english "lessons" this month. I know my grama is probably bad, and i could improve it, but for now i want to focus on poker. Im sure i will learn something by writing and reading english community. I feel it even now, after one week of blogging. If anyone could rate my donk-english skills i will be thankful :f_biggrin:

All in all, may should be fairly easy to done and still better than april ( i wish, and think i cant run worst ). Tommorow is last off day, and lets back to work! See you soon.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maciekelo
      :heart: ENGLISH
      :diamond: I decided to dont spend time on english "lessons" this month. I know my grama is probably bad, and i could improve it, but for now i want to focus on poker. Im sure i will learn something by writing and reading english community. I feel it even now, after one week of blogging. If anyone could rate my donk-english skills i will be thankful :f_biggrin:
      solid approach. i learned all my english just by using teh internets, though the problem with that is that you don't practice actually speaking :P
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      solid approach. i learned all my english just by using teh internets, though the problem with that is that you don't practice actually speaking :P
      Yeah i know that, but for now i just want to learn english grammar, build better sentences and generally think faster/better. I already see many positives in writing. Thinking about reading/hearing i understand almost everything and i just have problems with build my own sentences. Everything will come and for now i will probably learn english anyway in my free time.

Yesterday was my first working day. It goes quite well. I wasnt tilting and i was playing pretty good. I already watched 1.5h of bernardc video and now im trying to improve while playing. I didnt check resoults and only thing i control is ev bb/100 on the different levels.

I made my first training as well. My first feelling is... i dont like it :D I think its way to difficult for someone who didint do anything for months. I have hope i will warm up a little bit and nexts trainings gonna be easiest. This month i stay with calisthenic exercises but maybe i will change it in june and start doing standard gym workout with free weights. Will see...
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Three days behind me and i played around 15 hours so far. Yesterday i was luckboxing hard ( finally :D ). After first two days i was wondering how much time i need to bust my 60bi what i left in cashier, becouse i was running bad especially in hu. I was waiting to get info that i dont have money anymore, but for now im pretty chill about that. I just sit to tables everyday and play. Its funny that i used to check resoults after every session and for now i fell like i could play and dont mind about it for even full month. I also improving my game a little bit. I watched 2.5h of bernardc and probably tomorrow i will end first 3.5h video. For now mainly i changed my early game and i makeing nice ev bb/100. Most of unks on 7s are so stupid that i should play all day long and earn $$$. Yesterday i had couple funny hands like guy who calling two streets with 66 on two broadway board to get set on the river ^^ I cant wait to get my new chair ( only 4 days left to ship! ), becouse its really uncomfortable to play long sessions sitting on my present...
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Im running hot last days and im starting to be curios about resoults :D I think its realy helpfull in grinding to keep eyes away from cashier. I used to make breaks when i was getting ups, becouse i didint wanted to lose it. Now everyday i set volume goals and just play till its done or even more. Tables are really soft on 7s and every session i have this type of "players":

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      PokerStars
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN (1,538) 51bb
      Maciekelo (BB) (1,462) 49bb

Blinds: 15/30 Ante 3

Pre-Flop: (51, 2 players) Maciekelo is BB 8:club: Q:heart:
      BTN raises to 60, Maciekelo calls 30

Flop: 7:heart: 4:spade: K:spade: (126, 2 players)
      Maciekelo checks, BTN checks

Turn: 9:club: (126, 2 players)
      Maciekelo bets 60, BTN calls 60

River: A:heart: (246, 2 players)
      Maciekelo bets 135, BTN calls 135

Final Pot: 516
      BTN shows
      J:club: 10:heart:
      Maciekelo shows
      8:club: Q:heart:

Maciekelo wins 516 (net +258)

BTN lost 258

Sometimes i just make big eyes and cant belive what are they doing :D

About my body training i decided to change it to normal gym workout. I dont feel good whit what im doing now. After 3 minutes of jumping jacks i almost dont feel my legs... Its to hard for me and i dont feel like im doing any progress in this goal. From monday im going to make 3 trainings a week like i said, but now i'll do some squats, bench press etc.

I get a mail from courier about my chair. I'll get it in monday! Cant wait!!!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Would love to see a pic of your new grinding station come Monday. :)
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      The best advice I can give you about learning english is this: watch movies with english subtitles. If you don't understand a word, google it. After a few dozens of movies your english skills will increase dramatically.
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Would love to see a pic of your new grinding station come Monday. :)
      Of course i will do it tomorrow ;)

Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      The best advice I can give you about learning english is this: watch movies with english subtitles. If you don't understand a word, google it. After a few dozens of movies your english skills will increase dramatically.
      Its sounds like good idea! I watching poker videos in english and i understad almost everything, but im curious how i handle normal movies :D At this moment i dont watch to many movies... only games of throne nad sometimes ~2 other tv series and i will try to use your advie :)

This weekend games were pretty agressive and i had many stupid players like this:

PokerStars
      2 Players

Stacks:
      Maciekelo (BTN) (1,768) 29bb
      BB (1,232) 21bb

Blinds: 30/60 Ante 6

Pre-Flop: (102, 2 players) Maciekelo is BTN 6:diamond: A:heart:
      Maciekelo raises to 120, BB calls 60

Flop: 9:spade: 9:heart: Q:diamond: (252, 2 players)
      BB checks, Maciekelo bets 90, BB raises to 232, Maciekelo calls 142

Turn: Q:heart: (716, 2 players)
      BB checks, Maciekelo checks

River: 6:heart: (716, 2 players)
      BB bets 874, Maciekelo calls 874

Final Pot: 2,464
      Maciekelo shows
      6:diamond: A:heart:
      BB shows
      5:diamond: 8:diamond:

Maciekelo wins 2,464 (net +1,232)

BB lost 1,232

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG (546) 18bb
      UTG+1 (8)
      CO (985) 33bb
      BTN (537) 18bb
      Maciekelo (SB) (418) 14bb
      BB (506) 17bb

Blinds: 15/30 Ante 3

Pre-Flop: (63, 6 players) Maciekelo is SB 10:heart: J:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls 5, 2 folds, Maciekelo calls 15, BB checks

Flop: Q:club: J:spade: 2:heart: (83, 3 players)
      Maciekelo bets 30, BB raises to 90, Maciekelo calls 60

Turn: 3:spade: (263, 3 players)
      Maciekelo checks, BB bets 383, Maciekelo calls 295

River: K:spade: (853, 3 players)

Final Pot: 853
      Maciekelo shows
      10:heart: J:club:
      BB shows
      2:spade: Q:diamond:
      UTG+1 shows
      K:club: 5:spade:

BB wins 1,029 (net +523)

Maciekelo lost 418
      UTG+1 lost 8

Also i was runnig horrible + playing B/C game.

So first week of may is over and i played more sngs than i wished. Im trying to work hard and even when i make 35h of grind in one week ( its much more than usually ) im sure i can do more. Now im sure that buying expensive chair was a good investment, becouse when i increase my playing comfort im going to grind even more. About this week finally i get heater and running like a god :s_biggrin: Resoults were big surprise for me. I was expecting ~ +500$, but not this...

I cant say how im happy now and how motivated i become. I feel like i can beat everyone :s_biggrin: Stop looking to the cashier was good idea and im going to do this for long time. Now i have bigger roll than when i was shooting 15s last time but like i said i want to grind even more, so probably i'll stay on 7's maybe even to June. I need to move up if i think about supernova, but i still have much time for that. See you tomorrow!
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      I have my new chair and its awsome! Its so much better then previus. I can sit on it for many hours and i dont feel anything! This is how my setup looks like right now:

Im also starded with my free weight training. Couldnt do anything better then back to it... I love those exercises and feel much better whit them.

Last two days was my personal failure. I played only like 200sng. At monday i just decided to rest a little bit, but yesterday most of the time i was playing dota with my friends... I was running bad at poker and one time i lost my network connection and i was so angry that i had to do something else than grind. Now im angry on myself... To the end of the week i will not play any game and im sure of that.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      WOW. :s_love:
    • spinek
      spinek
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Maciekelo
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      Its sounds like good idea! I watching poker videos in english and i understad almost everything, but im curious how i handle normal movies :D At this moment i dont watch to many movies... only games of throne nad sometimes ~2 other tv series and i will try to use your advie :)
      TV series are even better than the movies because you already know all the characters and the main plot. Even if you don't understand something it's easier to figure out what someone could say.

I watch a bunch of shows myself. I'm so used to it I will never watch a show with dubbing or voice-over again ;)
    • Maciekelo
      Maciekelo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spinek
      TV series are even better than the movies because you already know all the characters and the main plot. Even if you don't understand something it's easier to figure out what someone could say.

I watch a bunch of shows myself. I'm so used to it I will never watch a show with dubbing or voice-over again ;)
      I hate dubbing and usually i watch with subtitles. Maybe someday i'll be able to watch without anything :s_love:

Last two days were hard. Mainly becouse of my internet... On wednesday evening i was loosing connection almost every 2 minutes. There was a coaching with bernardc on pokerstrategy where i asked him two questions. Lucky for me that i heard answers, but after that i couldnt do anything especially play poker. Yesterday in the morning i had some problems to and i was afraid to open tables. I played some sngs with my friend in his house ( he's playing poker to ), but of course volueme was shitly. Today i have to play and i hope i won't get any dissconects.