List of countries that ban online poker

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      I'm thinking about taking an internship abroad. Since they usually pay rather bad or nothing, I'll probably have to grind a bit while I'm there to get by. Is there a list of countries that ban online poker, so I know which countries to avoid? Also, what are the rules for foreigners playing poker in countries like France, where natives can only play with other natives?
  • 3 replies
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Silver
      You can play in French based sites even from abroad so they are a bit lenient on the matter. They just force you to always (and i mean ALWAYS) update your address to the exact location you are in (you might avoid it if you are there for only a week) and keep your bank details.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey wizo656,

We recently released a PDF file which documents regulated markets around the world. You can find the news item about it here:

Guide to poker regulation

Hopefully you'll be able to find the information you need in there, which of course also depends on the country you would like to move to.

As for regulated markets like France and Spain, it is usually allowed to play on most poker rooms in those countries. PokerStars.es is an exception here, as far as I know. Note that you are generally NOT allowed to play on non-French sites in France though, for example.

Hopefully that helps :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • freedomisland
      freedomisland
      Basic
      If I'm not mistaken some countries in the Middle East banned poker. For Italy, I have heard that the country is facing some gambling issues. Recently the government of Italy rejects a full ban but introduces new limits to online poker ads on radio and TV.