strat9
      Bronze
      In the overcards 2.0 article where it says:

Jones recommends the following [18]:

Late Position: Call if
      1. you are in position
      2. you only have to call a single bet
      3. you hold AKs or KQs
      4. there is no scare card on the flop, or you hold a backdoor flush [19].

Do all four have to apply in order to call, or one of the four?
  • 5 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Anyone of these is usually enough to call flop bet IP, but you must be one to close the action.
      e.g. MP2 checks, CO donkbet and you're BU with KQs: it's call the most of the time, just make sure MP2 is not maniac ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi strat9,

as I read it it has to be all four. It makes no sense to call anytwo on the flop just because it's one bet.

I don't likes these rules at all. Check/folding AKo on the flop against 3 opponents seems too weak to me.

I like a more opponent/board based decision way more as this is very unaccurate. :/
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      as I read it it has to be all four.
      I didn't read it ;)

I didn't get the reason why this apply to AKs & KQs only. I wouldn't fold AQo on J92 raised flop IP for one bet as you have at least 5,5:1 (if it's you vs. BB) and definetely have some implied odds with your overcards.
      Did I miss the point of this discussion??
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I'm just having trouble getting a handle on how to play the overcards. I keep reading the articles, but a lot of it is kinda fuzzy to me still, e.g - the above mentioned rules. Should it mainly be an odds-and-outs/conti-bet play?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strat9
      I'm just having trouble getting a handle on how to play the overcards. I keep reading the articles, but a lot of it is kinda fuzzy to me still, e.g - the above mentioned rules. Should it mainly be an odds-and-outs/conti-bet play?
      You can apply the strategy in the article. It's not bad but need to be adjusted. so to get a first idea you can use this.

To that you have to consider he odds and outs. For everthing else it's better to go into specifoc situations. :)

@opal99: Well it's just a standard rule. Adding more hands might be very expensive so it's better to be tigther in the beginning.