Reasons for betting exam

• Y6oof
      Y6oof
      Basic
      Hi guys , I'm new to the site and just constantly going over the basics , however on the last exam question in the reasons for betting exam , it gives you holding 3's with kk97 and another card that I have forgot , then the answer is you would check to try and get a bluff , but am I the only person that if someone was to bet after I checked with that hand to fold as the other person could easily have a 9 or a 7 even a k and I know the other card out is higher than a 3 making the hand they given you worse ?
      Sorry for the essay but if anyone has any input that would be great, it may just be me thinking wrong
      Cheers jake
  • 3 replies
    • noobis667
      noobis667
      Bronze
      Villain have 3 ranges on flop after you c bet

a.fold range
      b.call range
      c.raise range(raise/call or raise/fold)

When you c bet with air,you target his folding range and when his folding range is small then you should be bet less often.

When you c bet with good hands you target his calling range,cos there is hands that you beat.

When you semu bluffing you target his folding range and his calling range that will prob fold on turn.

Do that and BOOM you crush it!
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      yeah, I would fold here too.

Although I don't know the question, but what you've described definitely seems like a fold
    • Y6oof
      Y6oof
      Basic
      Noobis667 , I kinda get what your saying ,but in that situation obviously you have his ranges but that doesn't mean he hasn't hit a second higher pair if you get me , so any bet would put me off having the lowest pair in the hand if he was to try and bluff bet because the answer to the question is you would check so he may try and bluff , but his bluff would make me fold if you get me , I am probably just over thinking it lol, but I think bennisboy is thinking like me if I told the situation right anyway lol
      Cheers jake