IvicaIliev77 May SNG grind

• IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Will make this really quick

:club: Have to do a lot of guitar practicing/playing for tour preparation in June, therefore will grind heavy in May.

:diamond: Idea is to play 4k games total combining both turbo and regular speed 6 max 15s!

:heart: I will be 17 tabling on average , 1st couple of days 12-15 tables (or 10-14) to get totally used to new hud in PT4.

:spade: Result wise I expect 4%+ ROI as I feel my HU has improved and I plan to study/work on some more late game things this month!

Thanks for following!
  • 74 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Gogogo, crush them! (But not me at those rare minutes when I play at Stars. I play mostly 6-max hypers there, though.)

P.S. Happy Labour Day! (That's the certainly the feast to which the challenge is dedicated.)
    • bryanw26
      bryanw26
      Bronze
      Definitely following!

Just caught you on Collin's coaching today and I really enjoyed it.
      Best of luck with the grind, and I expect to see some great results!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Gogogo, crush them! (But not me at those rare minutes when I play at Stars. I play mostly 6-max hypers there, though.)

P.S. Happy Labour Day! (That's the certainly the feast to which the challenge is dedicated.)
      Thank you Tony - it was very hard working day for me today , didn't "celebrate" 1st of May this year and in general I am not to "crazy" about this holiday in Serbia :D
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bryanw26
      Definitely following!

Just caught you on Collin's coaching today and I really enjoyed it.
      Best of luck with the grind, and I expect to see some great results!
      Nice to see you here :)
      Thank you for following and glad you enjoyed Collin's coaching last night!

I expect great results as well , lets see what happens :D
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 1

150 games = 5.97 hours

ITM graph (warning some serious HU crushing on the way :)

Actual graph with EV

Things worth mentioning

- With new HUD I am definitely not feeling great 17 tabling yet! Timing out mainly because I switch while in HU to HU HUD which takes time from action on the other tables , hopefully I can resolve this in near future. I can however play 13 tables without any problems now but definitely looking to bring it up to 17 soon!

- Super swingy day overall with tons of setup 5-6 people (checked my HH and saw 3 games where I could have done things differently everything else was pure setups)

- Sick 5th place finishes total of 20%!!! or 31 games out of 150!!!

- Really owned people in HU from excellent regs to unknowns

- Mental game very strong despite swings, belief in my game and game plan always there ready to exploit opponents and understanding variance in poker was perfect example today showing it all off

- 35 vs 16 or 23% vs 10% in HU says it all about the whole day

Not worried at all about EV , the most important thing is that I am very happy how I played despite having at times 4 regs per table , didn't feel any pressure trough out whole day.

I have decided for days that I will grind to go for 150 games minimum to reach 4k games sooner. 6 hours is OK time for 150 games , will try to keep that pace by the end of month also (only 34% ITM mind you).

Finished whole day with 5% ROI with 34% ITM, I don't remember if I ever had such a sick ownage in HU.

Look forward to this whole month to check my endurance to grind heavy (again), mental stamina, focus and concentration as well as other things in life that go with it.

P.S. It seems like taking coaching and staking for HU hypers is starting to pay off in 6 max SNGs :D :s_cool:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      in,
      gogogoggoogoo!

Nice to see that HU challenge helped you a lot, now you're ready to crush even harder :D
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      in,
      gogogoggoogoo!

Nice to see that HU challenge helped you a lot, now you're ready to crush even harder :D
      If my HU goes from 3 to 4% difference 1st vs 2nd then it will definitely be worth investment long term.

Already noticed today lots of exploitable plays and lines, did excellent job on capitalizing on their leaks :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Gogogogogo!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Gogogogogo!
      Appreciate it Gary!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 2

150 games - 6.77 hours

ITM distribution graph (warning another HU crushing on the way!)

EV graph for the day

Things to mention about today

- Far less setups compared to yesterday therefore ITM went up
      - Played tons of regs today but there was also a lot of recreational players on 15s which increases ITM and ROI of course
      - Crushed heavy HU again, this time 37 vs 22 or 24% vs 14% !!!
      - Played 3 sessions and overall very happy how I things are going with grind,focus, attention span, exploiting opponents, crushing HU etc

EV ROI today 10.74% :)

Tomorrow I have 1 guitar lesson + coaching session(s) (minimum 1) so 6-7 hours of grind might be difficult cause I will watch Partizan Belgrade at 5pm also... :)

Hopefully I can squeeze another 150 games tomorrow, keep this pace going!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Super busy day but managed to put 101 games

Day 3
      101 games - 4.42 hours

Played combination of 30s and 15s today. Ran very bad on both limits with tons of setups.

Here are the graphs

Results

ITM distribution

Needless to say, tons of setups in bubble and 4/4

I played very good in HU again today but things didn't go my way simply because of tons of setups (running into better kickers, over pairs to my pairs , coolers post flop etc)

Overall very happy with my play today despite "only" 101 games, excited to see that on 30s there were 2 fish per table which makes it very profitable for me to consider switching long term there in near future.

Plan for tomorrow is to play 150 games , 3 sessions 2+ hours each. I will maybe mix 30s again, will see how I feel about it :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Superb day :)

Played in 1 session 151 games total while grinding SCOOP event # 1 (6 max 27$ buy in).

Mixed 30s with 15s.
      ITM wise didn't have enough of them but I crushed super hard HU in all forms :)

Overall very happy with today's play, especially how I crushed opponents on 30s HU.
      Can describe today's grind as setups all over the place and crushing HU !

Here is the graph

Day 4

151 games - 6.2 hours

ITM graph

HU 34 vs 21 or 22 vs 13% !

Heading home now , its enough grind for the day :)

P.S. Today's grind and the one 2 days ago show you how much EV can be miss leading - make sure to always be real about your game, checking if there were things that you could have done to prevent or push your swing etc. I checked my bubbles and there was tons of setups and super bad r/calls by gen pop and bad regs , hence 19% bubble finishes!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 5

104 games 4.43 hours

Graph with winnings

ITM distribution graph (another HU ownage)

Things about today's 2 sessions

- Really dominated HU
      - Can't describe how bad I was running after 80 games having tons of 4 to 6 place finishes
      - Checked all those hands in between sessions and saw gazillion set ups which reassured me I was doing correct plays
      - Final 24 games for the day owned brutally
      - Despite ITM of only 35.58% , ROI of 9.64% really says it all
      - Mixed 30s again with 15s, owned 30s again

HU 26 vs 11 or 25% vs 10% finishes really says it all

So far this month has been going by brutal ownage in HUs. If some card distribution happens and I get by the end of month to have between 36 and 37% ITM total, I expect ROI of no less than 5%. To be 100% real, with this HU ownage I am sure it can be way bigger then 5% ROI but since I am mixing 30s now I can't say exactly what expectations will be nor how many of them I will play.
      Definitely expect on 15s 5%+ , on 30s also if I have 36-37% ITM :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 6

150 games - 6.53 hours

Results graph

ITM distribution graph (HU 6% difference "only")

Things to notice about today

- Used Sharkystrator whole day, you can check settings I set in my blog (in my signature)
      - Tons of setups on 30s , bubble felt brutal at times , there were 2 games that I felt "sorry" for not ITMing simply cause I owned their souls whole game and then went out in 2 all ins both times as favorite. That's what happens when I don't eat lunch/dinner today, emotional part of brain get activated at the tables :)
      - Played very good for the whole day, happy with my play and definitely feel this will be profitable mix long run!
      - Tons of setups in HU today, felt I could/should have had 10% instead of 6% only difference

Now at around 805 games in 6 days. I need to keep this average by the end of month to get to 4k games.
      This Sunday I am going to Sofia for a day to hang with my poker friends so that will be without poker, will make it up in the following week by trying to do 150 each day + some day go for more.

Finally, get sharky , it makes life easier for auto registering games :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      That win % ownage is gorgeous, 177/805~22.0% if I take it right, unbelievable :f_love: (Even if there was an upswing, the real % is most likely bigger than 21%.) I must hire your HU coach, have had merely 18.5% all-in adjusted (19.5% actual) for the last 1K games and thought I was yet doing pretty well :f_cry:

Edit: hmm, I've actually found the reason... I don't grind Stars, especially turbos, but nevertheless a quick search across the lobby has shown that the HU phase usually starts at the 100/200 level (with or without antes) and sometimes 75/150, which means a 20-25 effective stack... in my JP games, the HU phase usually starts with a 10-15 bb eff. stack because of both the payout structure (3 places are paid, so there are two long bubbles) and faster blind growth (despite them being nominally 'regular speed', blinds become 100/200 ater 28 minutes, while there are only 6K chips in play).

So my HUs are like HU hypers with the first two levels removed, with the opp being a reg in 65-75% of cases... it's hard to win more than (like I do) 1% of the total chips in play (a 'ROI' bigger than my 2%) during such a HU phase; the ownage comes rather from reaching the HU with a chip lead (11:9 on average in my case) than from finishing the last opp off. /rant
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      That win % ownage is gorgeous, 177/805~22.0% if I take it right, unbelievable :f_love: (Even if there was an upswing, the real % is most likely bigger than 21%.) I must hire your HU coach, have had merely 18.5% all-in adjusted (19.5% actual) for the last 1K games and thought I was yet doing pretty well :f_cry:

Edit: hmm, I've actually found the reason... I don't grind Stars, especially turbos, but nevertheless a quick search across the lobby has shown that the HU phase usually starts at the 100/200 level (with or without antes) and sometimes 75/150, which means a 20-25 effective stack... in my JP games, the HU phase usually starts with a 10-15 bb eff. stack because of both the payout structure (3 places are paid, so there are two long bubbles) and faster blind growth (despite them being nominally 'regular speed', blinds become 100/200 ater 28 minutes, while there are only 6K chips in play).

So my HUs are like HU hypers with the first two levels removed, with the opp being a reg in 65-75% of cases... it's hard to win more than (like I do) 1% of the total chips in play (a 'ROI' bigger than my 2%) during such a HU phase; the ownage comes rather from reaching the HU with a chip lead (11:9 on average in my case) than from finishing the last opp off. /rant
      Yeah, HU does make huge difference in ROI no doubt. Because of it this month I can expect anything from 5 to 8% ROI if my ITM is 36-37%.

Coach made a promise to me that he wouldn't teach other SNG players, simply because very fast those edges will spread out and ROI would drop again.

There is definitely value in taking coaching, you can learn game plan for 16bb or less effective. Regardless of fever post flop lines at that stack size, you still have tons of things to do vs gen pop and regs :)

P.S. Definitely no upswing cause my ITM on 30s is bellow 36% and on 15s its somewhere where it needs to be? Imagine what will happen if I run on both limits with my regular ITM of 36.7% ? ROI will be minimum 7% with all the HU ownage :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice results mate,

I was thinking, if you would like to play 40-50 games 2tabling hyper husngs? :)

I would like to try to get some cliffs of your HU play just by playing you. If that's not ok for you, never mind, no pressure :D

glgl!
      Fran
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Nice results mate,

I was thinking, if you would like to play 40-50 games 2tabling hyper husngs? :)

I would like to try to get some cliffs of your HU play just by playing you. If that's not ok for you, never mind, no pressure :D

glgl!
      Fran
      Idea is nice but I won't be doing HU hypers for at least whole month.
      Chasing 4k volume for SNGs and aiming at much higher win rate this month.

Perhaps in future we can discuss this :)

In general I don't feel good giving this huge HU edge to anyone until I print tons of cash for retirement :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Day 7

75 games - 2.87 hours

Unhappy that I didn't put more volume today!
      Did 2 coaching sessions + 1 guitar lesson and talked with students over skype as well as with friend for Prague trip for 90 minutes or so...
      Either way, I have to make up this volume by the end of the month. Some days will be 200 no doubt, have to get ready for it mentally.

As far as game goes, tons of setups whole day, I went through the HH and saw that I could have done things differently in 2 tournaments so overall feel GOOD about today's play.

Tomorrow plan is to go for 150 games since I have 3 coaching sessions :)

Graph

ITM