From NL50FR to NL100SH

• Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Hey guys!

Image loosing your job in December 2013 and starting full time poker job the next month, with idea of playing NLHE FR just for the sake of lover variance and trying to build BR for SH while living from poker winnings.

For some it may sound unreal, too optimistic or even unrealistic in these days, when edges are much smaller then they used to be.

Well, for me everything started well at first. In 150k hands I was 5bb/100 winner but then things changed and while trying some NL100 action and not being fully concentrated on NL50 I have lost my BR.

Today, I am starting again.

Today, I am upgrading my self.

Its now, or never ladies and gentleman.

Let the show begin, cause it must go on:
      Show must go on!

btw: Yes, that's how small I am today. ;-)
      And yes, I might need some support and good feedback, to "grow up" and be the next star! :P

PS: I will try to make this blog more than just a poker blog...

@all the followers - its easy to criticize and much harder to give constructive feedback ; don't care to much about the first, but would really appreciate the second
  • 13 replies
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      i live from poker winnings for ~3 years now, not only do i support myself, but my family as well, and the constant cashouts are, i belive, one of the reasons why i didnt menage to move up yet, i play nl50, shooting nl100 when i hit 5k br, and to me what you described below, 150k hands u beat nl50 with 5/100 and u shoot some nl100 and suddenly your br is gone, sounds like poor brm and tilt issues, so i would suggest you work on those two things as i think they are extremely important if you want to last when having poker as a job.. :f_p:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Dataminner,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Did you use any bankroll management or did you find yourself squeezed by the necessity to win just to pay the bills. It's so hard to do what you tried to do without the backup of a job or other income. You can find yourself under increasing pressure during downswings to chase losses.

Have you managed to check the site over yet. We have lots of good stuff. One place to definitely check is free poker money. This will give you bronze status which will allow you to view more video and strategy as well as giving you a tracked room to play on to earn StrategyPoints (SPs). This in turn opens up more goodies.

For information on how our status and points system works click here

If you have any questions at all, then don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Laz
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Pericas, thanks for the feedback.

I do partially agree with you.

I believe there are 3 most important things in poker to follow:
      1. Bankroll management
      2. Tilt control
      3. Education

For the first one, I have to say I pushed it too fast to far.
      And today I am paying 50% of the winning to my stakers.
      Nonetheless, I feel its better that way.

By doing that:
      - I will be forced to play only my limit
      - I will have to make reviews more frequently
      - I will have possible moral support ot downswing times (others being in the same boat)

Honestly, with the good deal I might prefer being staked even in the future.

For the second one, I did get some help from Tiltbreaker.
      Lately this is how it is set:
      http://s29.postimg.org/uojdh305j/image.png
      post a picture

However, by my experience, TB does not solve all the problems. Specially with the small pots and spewing. Here I try to follow my emotions and sometimes close the tables when not feeling the right inner feeling, focus or anything that puts me out of A game. Does not work always, but I am improving.

I also decided to make mini project: PUSH UPPs, which should have good side effects also. Idea is to make 1 push up for every big blind spewed. (after the session). Will se how it works and how well I can define number of BBs spewed.

For the third one there are sites to watch and players to talk to.
      At the moment Run it once and friend of mine, who plays higher limits.

Will see how we manage to manage.

Guideline is 5k hand per day / 2BI of winnings.
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      First 1.5h session is behind us and 1000 hands finished.

Result:
      real: -1BI,
      EV: nearly +1BI

So we have started a little bit unlucky, but feeling is OK for now.
      2 tables at first, finishing with 4 tables at the end of the session.

Non SD is horizontal, SD a little bit down due to the bad luck.
      This should change soon. Hopefully....

PS: there will be some PUSHUPS before I am allowed to play the next session - but not to many! :)
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      As we all know psychology plays vital part in poker.

How to get into the right emotions and keep them....use them....for you....not against you.

One possibility is music!
      (in the background)

So, for today this one should do the job:
      "Stake me..."

PS: music brings us to different mind states. We should choose it carefully. The one that we need is not necessary the one that we want. ;-)

...when to aggressive, choose classical, when not enough, rock might be the choice.
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      #its Saturday morning - we are counting the survivors!
      ##for now it looks we have won - at least the first battle (with ourselves!)
      ###however, there should be less collateral damage - counting the push-up also! ;-)

Today, I'd like to talk about the army.
      Why discipline in routine are so important.

For start, let me introduce my new daily routine:
      I wake up with "om music" on my mobile phone while doing stretching already in the bed. Thing that follows is counting the survivors while drinking wellness tea (bought by a friend of mine). Its like looking at the battle field from your couch and checking how did the tactics and strategies work. And more importantly - how I managed myself in order to survive the battle.

Every general knows, that the moral and attitude of his army is really important in the war zone. Two are built by success, be perseverance, by daily routine, by.....and soldier has to be punished for not following the routine and discipline. For me, push ups are the army part.

Here is what happened on the battle field on first day. I might tell you the number of push-ups at some point also. ;-)

Graph-Day1

PS: But there also side effects of army approach.
      Next step - zen mode! ;-)
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey Dataminner,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Did you use any bankroll management or did you find yourself squeezed by the necessity to win just to pay the bills. It's so hard to do what you tried to do without the backup of a job or other income. You can find yourself under increasing pressure during downswings to chase losses.

Have you managed to check the site over yet. We have lots of good stuff. One place to definitely check is free poker money. This will give you bronze status which will allow you to view more video and strategy as well as giving you a tracked room to play on to earn StrategyPoints (SPs). This in turn opens up more goodies.

For information on how our status and points system works click here

If you have any questions at all, then don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Laz
      Hey Laz,

thanks for you info.

Please let me know why I can't post images in the replies (ex. graphs), so they can be seen without clicking on the link.

Thank you
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Dataminner,

Sorry. I forgot to mention that posting images/graphs is another benefit of bronze status as well as sending friend requests and personal messages.

Regards

Laz
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Hey!

I am playing on Pokerstars, so free money on other sites does not really help me.

Also account with which I am playing has been opened before I joined Pokerstrategy, meaning I can not collect points.

As you can see from my graph and volume, I will be active member of community. I believe it is also in your interest to at least enable me basic options of bronze level, since as I understand - they are for free.

It is really inconvenient to have these technical boundaries.

Thank you for at least concerning my needs.

I did choose Pokerstrategy due to its nice forum structure, but seems I just can not use it as I would like to.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Dataminner,

Unfortunately that's the way our status system works.

The only 2 options are:

1) Sign up to a poker room through our download links, thus getting lifetime bronze status with no further requirements to maintain that status.

2) Buy a status from the Points Shop.

Regards

Laz
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      First weekend is over.

We have won some battles, but lost the others.
      Yesterday was a little bit disappointing.

Here are the results:
      1stWeekend

Comments follow after extensive hand review...
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Battle Nr1.

Here comes the action vs. good reg.

Hand Nr1.

What would you do?
      What is his range?
      What additional info would you need to have a better decision?

I'll let you know about the result after few votes...
    • Dataminner
      Dataminner
      Basic
      Hand Nr2.

BL vs BTN - full stack

We have cca 500 hand on Villain.
      22/18/73/-/-/0.8
      10/56/18/10/-/4.5
      58/50/56/11/7

What line do you suggest?

PS: Stats agenda
      VPIP/PFR/CbetF/CbetT/WTSD/FtCbet/PF_Allin