Quiz of the Week: Standard Lines

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Another week, another quiz.

This quiz comes to see to what extent you have mastered your betting lines and whether you get the most out of your opponents. Although some concepts are based on Gold articles - Silver and bronze members can also give it their best, just to see how far their poker knowledge can take them for the moment.

Quiz of the Week: Standard Lines

Please give us your feedback on this quiz:

- How many points did you get?
      - Is there something you would you have done differently?
      - What do you think of the quiz overall?

Discuss!
  • 4 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      63%...

What can I say, these quizzes rape me as I never know how far to adjust depending on opponent, meh.

I guess I just suck :P
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      I have got 50 procent. I am especially undecided about questions 4 and 5. I would switch answers cos in both situations you have middle pair of 7. In 4 is more likely that opponent is on draw and there is needed some agression. In contrast in 5 is more likely that oponent is on better pair than draw. So i would prefer calldown in 5 and agression in 4. In 4 is opponent holding 10 often and in 5 10 too. But in 5 it gives him top pair. And in 5 we have not best kicker but second best. Even if in 4 opponent have top pair we have much cards for our draw to come which can beat him. In 5 is very unlike to turn or river improve our hand.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      77%

But after reviewing the quiz and reading some articles I think the quiz has some leaks:

OOP:
      1)
      question 2 is a preflop raise according to articles. I know it says, that it might just be a missclick, but since this is a quiz in standard lines I think it should be that. :)

2)
      question 3 is a preflop fold for me, but that might just be me. On the flop I think it's a WA/WB situation and therefore a calldown is in order. That answer however is rewarded with 0 points. I know that according to the article about standard lines which this quiz is about it says raise and bet. But as explained in the WA/WB article, that will cost you money in the long run.

3)
      question 4. Standard line for 57o? Fold preflop. Though in this case I have to say I like the postflop play

4)
      question 5. This is not really a leak. I just don't think K is top kicker.. :P

I'm rather new to FL, so please correct anything I said that was wrong.

Cheers,
      Kimber88

EDIT: @Alafoe
      I didn't see your post before I made my own here. I see you mentioned some of the same things.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I like the quiz. I overthought some hands and I would have missplayed one or two too. So this might have fixed a leak for me. ;)

I don't like question 3 (in position) as this might confuse many user. You have to balance this by raising the flop with draws etc. as well and it changes your turn raise range as well and so on. I think it's better to keep to the standard line here and only adjust read/situation based.
      I don't want to say that the answer is wrong. I play that way myself sometimes. :)