NL 5-Card Draw BVB ITM

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The bubble has just broken, SB has been stealing some, but mostly has been open-limping from the SB

Your converted hand, now with more cowbell.
      PokerStars No Limit 5 Card Draw ($1.00+$0.10) t500/t1000 ante t250 - 5 players

CO: t29,169
      Button: t6,225
      SB: t18,788
      BB: t18,055 (Hero)
      UTG: t27,450

Dealing Hands: (t2,750) J:diamond: 2:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:spade: J:club: (5 players)
      3 folds, SB raises to t3000, Hero calls t2000

First Draw: (t7,250) (2 players)
      SB discards 2, Hero discards 3,
      J:diamond: J:club: || 2:heart: 5:spade: 2:spade:
      SB bets t3000, Hero ???
  • 5 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I personally would have kept the 2 :diamond: for the boat :coolface:

I'd call here myself, but I don't play much 5CD (I love NL5CD though, wanna play a lot more)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by metza
      I personally would have kept the 2 :diamond: for the boat :coolface:

I'd call here myself, but I don't play much 5CD (I love NL5CD though, wanna play a lot more)
      Good thinking! I'll look for that next time I hold a card that is going to come in the draw. :D

NL 5-Card Draw is like playing chicken without all the cars and screeching tires and stuff.

Poker is a game of incomplete information, and 5-Card Draw presents far less information in each hand that NLHE.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Anykey444
      Anykey444
      Bronze
      >>5-Card Draw presents far less information in each hand that NLHE
      That's why stats and notes are very important. You (as a cash player) might think that 50 - 80 hands are nothing, but they are very important in tournaments.
      Over all steal and contbet ? What was his bet sizing post- and predraw previously, especially when there were showdowns? How frequently does he D2?

Your stats and image are also important. Fold BB to steal, fold to CB and so on.

There is no answer (at least from my side) without information from the past.

From GTO point of view I think it's a call. But you shouldn't apply it to $1 tounaments.

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This guy is very passive / trappy
      Before this, he would check/call most of the hands where he hits.

Very common in these to draw 2 with a pair, esp a low pair, though I have no specific notes that this guy does.

I called thinking that this is a perfect time for him to bluff with a pair unimproved, or two pair that I might beat. I lose if he really has trips obv, but somehow I wasn't worried about that.

I think a raise is overplaying this, and would never get called by worse.

He had Aces alone.
      He also had a Q, so he could have been playing keeping AQ here, too.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I would always snapcall. Your hand improves, and that draw 2 is often a pair and a good kicker. So unless you have some information on your opponent, it's a call imo. Even if you lose, you still have 12K to get up again.