New Layout - textarea, buttons and dropdown menus CSS

• Astose
      Astose
      Bronze
      Hello!

First of all, I like the new design but I have few suggestions to the creator of the CSS.
      1. It's impossible to get to the left and right panel of the main page on mobile (853x480 resolution)
      PC:

Mobile:

and I'm not sure if it menu is supposed to be this way:

Is there any way to get to
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/strategypoints/
      on mobile without remembering the whole page adress?

2. I'm using custom windows 7 dark skin and there are few problems with menus, buttons and input text. On the forum - everything's okay (except the button), it's in the CSS but on other subpages on pokerstrategy:

ie. language selection: (dark color on dark background)

or in the strategies: (same as above)

or buttons: (same as above)

My suggestion is to make a custom css for textarea/buttons/dropdown menus to match the whole layout.

Regards
      Astose
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Astose,

Thank you for taking the time for this constructive feedback. I will pass it on to our IT guys and see if they have any further comments for you :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Krupsinator
      Krupsinator
      Hi Astose,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding 1.

This basically works as intended. This is the main new and cool thing about our new main page , it is responsive, i.e. flexible in terms of the width of the screen. This will also come for other pages soon.

If someone does not have a smartphone/tablet he can try it with zooming in and out in the browser, it looks quite nice.

The left column is indeed gone on a small screen, the right column gets moved below the middle column so you should be able to find it there.

It is also intended that the menu is rather drop down than a navigation bar on small screens.

Within the next weeks will probably implement solutions for the StrategyPoint overview and the community tool on mobile as we received a lot of feedback about it. So at the moment there is no possibility to get to this pages (especially the StrategyPoint overview) but this will change.

Regarding 2.

This is a bit trickier. Of course we cannot test all custom layouts for all operating systems. Actually most users (I would assume 99% but I am not sure) use the standard layout and have therefore no problems at all.

To be honest, I don't think we will implement any solution as a fix for something that almost nobody uses while we still have some other major projects to tackle, like the responsiveness of other areas of the website.

If there are a lot of users using this of course it may look different and we may look into it but at the moment you are the first user through all communities who claims to have these problems (which are of course unfortunate) as far as I know.

Kind regards,
      Krupsinator
    • Astose
      Astose
      Bronze
      Hello again and thanks for your response!
      Regarding 2.

This is a bit trickier. Of course we cannot test all custom layouts for all operating systems.
      As far as I'm concerned, the only problem is that things that I mentioned are inherited from visual theme, so it would be possible to add for example
      #IDName { color : #000; background-color: #fff;} on these.

But if you said, that this is the first feedback regarding this problem and as you said -
      Actually most users (I would assume 99% but I am not sure) use the standard layout and have therefore no problems at all.
      I won't bother webdevelopers with this problem and I'll try to override these elements with custom css.

I'll just say one thing that you can pass to the web developers:
      "Do not leave parameters to be inherited from visual theme, specify them yourselves - few webpages do have inherited background (default: black text on white background, me: black text on dark background, which sucks)"

Best regards,
      Astose