The Bollywood song and dance Blog

• abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hey everyone !!!

I know you expected something more exciting from the title, but after all this thread IS about poker...
      I am writing this blog to keep myself motivated... and i hope the song and dance will keep you motivated :D

Something about me
      I was introduced to poker like many others by Facebook and eventually found my way to online poker. Somehow I always lost and cursed my luck.
      That’s when our friend Google brought me to Pokerstrategy.com. The articles and videos on Pokerstrategy changed my understanding of poker completely.

So whats next?
      Play 15$ STTs on Pokerstars
      Part time MTTs

Few people I really must thank
      Unam – Really don’t know where I would have been if it wasn't for his coaching sessions
      Lessthanthree – His videos were probably on of the biggest step in improving my game and that’s when I started winning at STTs
      Tim64 – He's been my STT coach for a while now and he is also now my backer for STTs. Lets print some $$ Tim !!!

Finally...no Indian blog can be complete without some Bollywood masala.
      Depending on how my game is going, I'll post some appropriate Bollywood songs :)

Thanks for reading!
      abhi147

TLDR – I am gonna crush online STTs with Tim64 as my backer !!!
  • 10 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Keep up the bhangra and Bollywood, itt. And here's hoping the poker gets off to a good start.

Best wishes,
      Tim
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      nice! GL :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I can't get used to the fact that you're a horse (Tim's), as I know you better as a short-term staker who sometimes fails to send money on time :f_biggrin: (We've had no deals, though.) I thought that's because your staking volume is so high that your assets get stuck with your other horses (if they request funds early or fail to send winnings promptly).

Is 'hedging' like this (staking and being staked at the same time) so common and natural? I'm starting to think so, and it's logical, but still my mind can't get used to it.

I play mostly on iPoker, and when I do play at Stars, I fire my daily $15 hyper closer to the Indian morning; not surprisingly, we've never met at the tables.

Thanks for the Bollywood video, it has really cheered me up! :f_thumbsup:

GL to you and Tim! (He needs it more because his winrate from the deal is way smaller than yours, while he's eating up almost all the variance; that's backers' unenviable fate :f_cry: )
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hey Tony

I play turbos not hypers thats prolly why we havent come across

I am backed by Tim mainly for his coaching and yes the hedging idea works too :D

I was buying shares not really backing anyone personally, mainly cuz i couldnt play a lot due to work and the gambler in me always wanted a sweat or two :P
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Well, I can't say that I play only hypers... in fact, on iPoker, I play mostly Rio jackpot ones, which are normal speed... but I need to sustain Silverstar for the Gold Pokerstrategy status, and I suffer from procrastination issues (rather a lack of motivation), so I often make VIP levels at the last minutes of the month :facepalm: E.g. at the last hour of April, I was loading both $60 hypers and $60-100 turbos to sustain the table count at 9 (being too sleepy to play more) and reachieved Silverstar around 23:50 ET, so if you move up to 30s-60s, we can meet on May 31st :f_biggrin:
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hey guys sorry for the delayed update on the blog
      Was running pretty bad and playing bad in the start and wasnt motivated enough
      then had a session with Tim and worked on my game from scratch, found some leaks and worked on it

Stake is now going smoothly and in some decent profit

Past few days i havent been able to put in volume as ive got a severe neck pain and not possible to sit on PC for long hours

Will pick up on volume slowly

Results so far
      Games - 678
      Profit - 900.47
      ROI% - 9.74
      ROI% adj - 4.71

One of bollywods most famous songs
    • contadocenas
      contadocenas
      Bronze
      No more updated? ?(
    • contadocenas
      contadocenas
      Bronze
      PS. I would def follow your blog :D
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Thanks Conta

I will restart this blog in a months time
      Right now i am having a hard time managing things, putting in volume + personal and professional things are taking a lot of time

Will update you once i restart but will def be there to discuss hands with you in the Hand eval forum
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Wait, have you seen this? The Summer Challenge - Mission: Forum. 9 more blog posts this month are mandatory for you imo. And they'd better contain some Bollywood parodies :f_wink: