Help improving game on the bubble?

• acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Silver
      Hello,

I have been playing low stakes MTTs for quite a while now and I wish to improve quite a bit on my bubble play. The reason for doing so apart from the obvious ones is that I need help adapting my game plan to the different MTT structures and prize payouts.

One common case where I am unsure on how to adapt my ranges and whether to save chips or try to improve my stack is 15-25bb stacks. There are 3 variants of games I usually grind which is small field MTTs (70-200), midfielders (300-500) and larger ones (~1000), and I'd benefit from improvements in each area.

Another thing is the software I play on. Partypoker has a 20% itm structure in most tournaments and you get 2x+ BI for every itm (in case of rebuys, up to 3x+), with a very very very flat post-itm structure, practically making it non-beneficial to ladder up which in itself incentivizes to prioritize reaching itm and trying to improve the stack afterwards. On the other hand is Stars where itm is far less important and you opt to go for the big guns, unless it is a bingo tournament (10k+ players).

Hence, I'd like to try and improve my game in this area, but I do not know how to do so apart from applying different things in practice (ie. I recently took up 180man turbos to try and improve both my push/fold game and ft play).

Any advice I'd be tremendously thankful for :s_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      watch some MTT videos here involving bubble play,you are gold status so they are some avaliable, youll get no better advise than from those or read books of dan harrington for tournament play.

GL