[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKs

• Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      Yeah i usually buy in with 5, but didn't feel like it today.
      Just joined table, played ~10 hands or so. Min - Raises on this limit is usually Aces, [ in my opinion , correct me if i'm wrong ].
      So anyway probably not optimal to play call then check/fold?
      Since i put him on TT+, decided not to make a c-bet on such a board.

No Limit Holdem SH game
      Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
      6 players

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $1.00
      Hero: $1.99
      CO: $1.81
      Button: $5.11
      SB: $0.96
      BB: $1.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A K
      UTG raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.22, CO folds, Button raises to $0.38, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2 4 4 ($0.85, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.2, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $0.2 returned to Button.

Results:
      Final pot: $0.85
  • 5 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Don't feel. Play poker to win money
      minR usually means nothing without reads

4beting/folding is better preflop imo

but still you can make cbet without initiative
      This is called donk bet : :baby:

his small bet is very strange and after the weak preflop bet chech/raise/fold is best imo

In his eyes you check raise is very strong and if he don't have overpair will fold
      And you can even see turn card vs. his TT+ range and decide what to do then

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think its ok to play understacked if you are unsure about your game. Read a lot and play less until you are able to play with less fear.

On NL2 try and get it all-in preflop with AKs, specially SH since fish will overplay AT+ and any pp. Mostly you will win but expect to lose sometimes.

If you read BU as a good tight player, I might consider folding to his minraise which usually indicates strength (KK+), but at these limits you are usually ahead against an average NL2 player.

As played, call his minbets and hope for A,K or flush.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I think its ok to play understacked if you are unsure about your game. Read a lot and play less until you are able to play with less fear.
      If you have any fears or you are unsure in your game play SSS to feel the preflop and flop play first and the go to NL2
      Playing with less than full stack is a waste of time and you will not learn much of the game with playing 50BB deep

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I might consider folding to his minraise which usually indicates strength (KK+), but at these limits you are usually ahead against an average NL2 player.

As played, call his minbets and hope for A,K or flush.
      Don't live in fear guys. minbets means only one thing. Stupid opponents.
      Make note is they slowplay monsters, but don't assume that they are always have AA.
      Punish this guys in every hand. Play with full stack and in every hand you can get all of there chips
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      if you are playing bss always play with full stack , otherwise you lose value. their isnt any excuse to play middle stacked . this is why you follow a bankroll management rule . if you cant affort to play that limit go down . if you cant go down play sss . but dont mix bss with sss and play middle stacked .
      with 0.01/0.02 blinds you have 100 bb with 2$ so is not that bad but you are still losing value when you can bin to 5 .
      about the hand
      if you 4 bet you have to get it in with aks because its ahead of his range (tt+,aq+and some garbage )
      if this is the first time when you see this its ok to call and see a flop otherwise 4 bet it
      gl