6-max Zoom

• nikolass2
      nikolass2
      Bronze
      Hi,

:club: I am a 22 years old recent graduate and this is not my first attempt to start a blog on pokerstrategy, but for one or other reason the previous blogs died by time. Mostly, because I spewed away my bankroll or, because of lack of time, therefore, not playing enough to have an actual reason for having a blog.

Nevertheless, now I am back - full of motivation, inspired to learn and actually create some progress in this game.

:club: Why I believe that this time it is going to work for me?

First of all, thanks to my studies and probably different life experiences, I have matured regards my mindset tendencies, which in my opinion is the key success factor in mastering poker. Another very important factor is that since I have graduated from uni, I have a bit of more time that can be used for poker.

I started off a month ago by playing NL2 zoom on pokerstars, that went pretty well, hopefully not just because of an upswing. Currently I am playing NL5 zoom and will play till the moment I feel ready for NL10.

In addition, I will apply strict bankroll management as that is another key success factor in poker, due to the high variance factor. I am going to play a limit only whilst having at least bankroll equal to 30BI.

:club: Goals?

Obviously as everybody here, I would like to progress trough the limits, but I am not sure if setting goals to reach a certain limit in a certain time period will help me. By that being said, currently my main goals are to fix my game and work on it by using pokerstrategy tools like hand evaluation forums, coaching videos and eventually taking some individual coaching.

Here is my graph for the past month:

Thank you for reading and I hope that this is going to end up an exciting blog! If there is anyone who can help me with a good advice regards anything, I will be more than thankful!

:f_grin: :f_grin: :f_grin:
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey nikolass2,

Welcome to the blogs...... again. :tongue:

If you don't have the right mindset for poker then it probably doesn't make any difference how good you are because eventually you'll tilt and spew chips.

Nice graph. :s_thumbsup:

GL and Happy Fishing

Laz
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hey nikolass,

Glad to see you back blogging with some nice goals :)

Wish you to succeed getting a right mindset this time, that will make you a crusher in no time with obvious playing abilities you have (concluded that from this lovely graph)

Keep us updated,

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • nikolass2
      nikolass2
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for the warm welcome and good wishes!

In the last two days I was running good and reached bankroll that was sufficient to take shots at NL10. However, playing NL10 somehow didn't go very well, not in a sense that I lost a lot of money, but just because there is quite a few differences between game flow in NL2, NL5 and NL10. People in NL10 are much more aggressive and obviously it creates problems for me to adjust. Hopefully, I just need to adjust and by time it is going to be okay.

Maybe there is anyone here who has recently climbed up to NL10 and has successfully adjusted to the game there who could share how to do it best?

Graph from yesterday:

Now I'm off to work, not much grinding today, but hopefully will get some time for it in the weekend.

Have a good day everyone!
      :f_p:
    • nikolass2
      nikolass2
      Bronze
      Hello there,

It has been a while since my last post in here, which can mean almost always something bad. :D
      Long story short - I got trough NL5 pretty fast (probably thanks to the upswing), but then in NL10 started struggling and couldn't adjust, on top of everything tilted away a bunch of $$$ and here I am now, back at NL5, business as usual.

I hope to put in some hours for grinding and going trough my hands within this week, so the next post will be with some of the interesting hands I have had.

Other than that I am going for a little vocation next weekend, which involves hard core chess action in Sweden. Really looking forward to that since it has been a while since last time I have played an official chess tournament.

Have a nice day everyone! Cheers! :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Hey,

nice blog. I recently have started playing 6max Zoom as well at NL2, taking shots at NL5 soon. Would you be interested in a skype group?

Cheers,

Kingkas