"Casual" cash tables

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Does anyone know anything about these tables on Party?

Seen them for the first time today and they will not allow me to sit on one at the same time as a normal table!

Seems I can only sit at one of them at a time as well.

Is this Party trying to get rid of multi-tablers??
  • 4 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Just found an article on Pokerfuse -

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room-news/casual-cash-game-tables-extend-partypokers-recreational-reach-05-05/
    • ClerkenwellBoi
      ClerkenwellBoi
      Bronze
      I saw the email from PP yesterday about this but didn't get round to checking it out.

Sounds like an interesting idea and definitely something worth exploring if it means another way of encouraging new and/or very recreational players to stay with the game. I certainly don't think it's Party trying to get rid of multi-tablers full stop. I doubt any site would consider that as an option.

But as an extra facet to a site, it seems like a good idea to at least explore. It's yet another example of how online poker can offer all sorts of weird and wonderful services that obviously bricks and mortar venues can't do.

And it strikes me that this is a much easier way of ensuring that people are at a more casual level as however much a pumped up grinder may want to go after the fish, they probably won't have the patience to just stick to one table to do so.

In the end, anything that means new blood - and flesh :) - coming into the game is a good thing. Of course ironically the players who are the best customers are often the ones who would never dream of joining a 'casual table' as they likely see themselves as amazing players who can fight off any multi-tabler any day. And so the feasting begins.... :s_cool:
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Not had an email from Party about this but it will certainly reduce my volume. I normally play 6 tables for about 1.5 hours in the morning. Today I could only manage to find 4 tables over the same time period. There were about 4 - 5 of these "casual" tables open at the same time.

Will have to see how things go for a while but may have to move elsewhere if I can't get the volume in.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      They can't prevent us from playing on other networks at the same time, and there might be some trick preventing the Party client from detecting other poker clients. Mixing 1 casual Party table with a few tables of other networks must be awesome :f_thumbsup: