The interface is, well, "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh"

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Sorry, that was just me screaming.

I've always liked the PS touch and feel because it was somewhat tasteful and didn't hurt the eye.

Please reconsider!

(Or is the new ad-space selling like Frozen Margueritas in hot sunshine?)
  • 13 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      According to a Russian admin Rustem, the banner is to be removed on Monday (but I suppose that other banners will come into its place :f_rolleyes: ).

I'll support the change if the banners start advertising other partner sites instead and it results in a Top100 prize pool increase to $75K-100K or a prize pool increase in some exclusive race. The two decent euro network deals - with Ladbrokes and Betfair - are alas spoilt by these rooms carelessly losing rake stats :rage:

Pokerstars are already the market leader and have a big network of live tourneys and TV ads, they couldn't care less about paying big for being promoted by Pokerstrategy.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi guys!

@YohanN7, we're gradually introducing improvements to our website to make it more mobile friendly (high time!). The changes implemented have been mentioned in our news: Home page revamp. The work is in progress so you might expect further modifications to our website - hopefully to your liking!

As for the current background advertisement of the PokerStars SCOOP - everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we respect that. We believe that the current ad is user-friendly (no pop-ups or unexpected fireworks). :) It will be gone on Monday, as tonypmm already mentioned. There are no plans to replace it at the moment, however in the future we might introduce some more advertising.

Cheers.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      ugh ant i thought what is he screaming about.. (checked with internet explorer :f_cool: :f_cool: ) now i see, I use adblock add on for chrome browser and because of this i have only black background :s_cool:
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Oh yes, AlvisR, good point. With adblock, people see only the black background which I agree might be confusing. :)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It is the black background that disturbs me (not the adds really, as long as they don't begin to move!).

It is too much contrast. Could you try, for a day or two, to use light-gray background? That could actually be very tasteful (provided the adds are tasteful).

As with all things new, it takes a while for an old dog like me to enjoy it. But I no longer thinks it looks that bad. But please, please, give it a try with a light-gray background and see what people think. (Probably easy to code up, if not - forget my suggestion)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      You are trying gray now. Nice.

I think it looks pretty good. Very good in fact. It makes all the difference. A t m, there are no adds, but I'm sure they would look fine as well against a gray background (especially if they, in turn, are cleverly made).
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for your feedback, YohanN7 - appreciated. Keep sharing your observations with us.

Our developers are continuously working on improving the page layout, functionality and they're also fixing things that are not working as well as they could, so expect some more stuff coming and keep your eyes wide open. :tongue:

Cheers!
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Will do :)

It actually looks classy. It is simplistic and discrete, with (imo) the right mix of the right colors. Nice job so far!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      :s_thumbsup:

Btw. congrats on the upgraded status for being active in the hand evaluation boards! :)

Good job, thanks!
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Thank you Marta. The upgrade came as a total surprise and is very welcome as I haven't been feeling like playing much lately, at least not where I happen to earn PS points. It's also very inspiring, and it makes me realize that at least some (if perhaps only the admins :rolleyes: ) sometimes read them. I have produced my fair share of bad posts, even rude ones. I'll have to cut down on those :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      I have produced my fair share of bad posts, even rude ones. I'll have to cut down on those :)
      :D

We acknowledge and reward good behavior!
    • ColorFlusher
      ColorFlusher
      Bronze
      Mobile version could need an option to switch to desktop version.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I also much prefer the grey background.
      On my PC I run with an ad blocker, but PokerStrategy.com is whitelisted.
      I have an el-cheap+ android tablet, and it is painful to try to use the forums on it.

My wife has a Samsung Note 10.1 and it is WAY better on that machine.

I don't have ad-related problems on any platform.

--VS