Moving up in stakes

• Respek66
      Hello fellow grinders,

I have played poker for quite a long time (around 6 semi professionally) but feel I haven't accomplished as much as I should or could have. The good news is I am more motivated than ever to get better. My challenge is to move up in stakes from 50nl to 200nl by the end of 2014. I am very confident that I can do this with a little more hard work. I believe that bringing my story and news here will help me stay focused and motivated to keep up with the grind. It's hard to lose 10 buy ins and want to continue to grind the very next day but what we have to realize is that these days are inevitable and we need to keep on pushing forward. I would love to hear from any one about their experiences moving up in these stakes to help keep me on track.

Not sure how to post my graph as I am a very new forum poster, if any one could give me tips I would gladly appreciate them. Thanks for passing by and look forward to sharing my journey with who ever finds this intersting :s_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • Harrier88
      Originally posted by Respek66
      Not sure how to post my graph as I am a very new forum poster, if any one could give me tips I would gladly appreciate them.
      Unfortunately, you need to be bronze or higher to be able to post pictures.
      You can, however, upload the image somewhere else and then link to it.

Good luck with your challenge!
    • Lazza61
      Hey Respek66,

Motivation is the key here. We can all rest on our laurels a bit. We can get in a comfort zone where we are playing OK, but not optimal. We can be winning money, but not as much as we should.

Not only do we need to improve to be better players and win more money, we also need to improve to stay ahead of the game.

As a basic member you won't be able to display graphs or images in your posts, but you will be able to link to them.

First, you'll need to sign up to an online image hosting website like Imgur, TinyPic or my favourite (all free). Then you would upload your graph to the website, where you will be given a series of links. Then you would copy the link that ends in a graphic format (.png for instance) and copy that into your post by using the "Add Link" function. It will appear as a clickable link rather than an image.

If you upgrade to minimum bronze status you could use the "Insert Image" function and your graph would then be displayed as an image in your post.

You can read about our status and points system here.

If you have any further questions, then please don't hesitate to ask.

GL and Happy Fishing